Back to the weight loss game

Options
Apparently I suck at maintenance.
Up 25 lbs.

I think it might be something psychological as my sister told me once you turn 30 it's impossible to lose weight.
I turned 30 in October and my weight has stayed at 160.

I've done this before.
But with working out (which I lack the motivation these days) and staying within my calories I'm not budging.

I just can't figure out why its not the same as before...

Usually I do really good with losing during the winter months.

Ok I'm done whining.

Replies

• silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That's bullkaka...I started my journey well past 35.

Make sure you're weighing your food properly, you may be eating more than you think.

Though it's necessary for fitness, exercise isn't for weight loss.

Hang in there and don't give up.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you can do it.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot older than you. I lost 38 pounds last year without trying that hard. I've been maintaining since June.

You can absolutely do this. It's hard on maintenance because you have to do the same thing you did before without the reward of seeing the scale down. Only good thing is you get more calories.

When I would stall, it was one of four things:

- make sure you reset your MFP goals for your current weight, which may change your calories. When your weight your calories change too.
    - measure. just do it.
    - log all those stupid little things like mayo and ketchup and the croutons on your salad. It adds up to a few hundred calories a day.
    - keep your carbs below 50% (40% is better). It's not that low, but if you're at all insulin resistant - which you may be if you were overweight - it can make a difference.

Good luck!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Get the book the primal blueprint. I read this book a couple times and it totally makes sense. Takes some discipline and a real life change for most people but when I was following it I was losing even after a year long plateau and I'm 39.
  • macbrian87
    Options
    you go girl! I can really just reiterate what the others have posted before me: measure everything! yourself and every little bit of food you eat. Update your profile and see what mfp says. And I'm not sure about the claim that exercise is not that important, for me it has been a great booster, and once you get over yourself and start out, it gets less of a drag! I do think it boosts the metabolism, so give it a try, even if it's just for a week or two! And, most important of all: don't give up, it's your health we're talking about!