what do i fallow MFP or IIFYM???

Options
so MFP is saying stay under 1360 calorie intake but IIFYM says i shoudl be at 2082 calories and 235g of protein! MFP has me at 83g of protein. im really confused??? im 5'9 and 235lbs

Replies

• 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    How are you setting your macros? I set my calorie deficit to 80% of my TDEE. That tells me my calorie goal. Then within that calorie goal, I shoot for 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 20% fat. If a food I wanna have fits into this macros for the day, then I can have it ;)

It's not either- or...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    MFP has you eat back your exercise calories and the calorie goal given does not factor in exercise. The IIFYM calculator is based on your TDEE which already includes your exercise. It comes out six of one, half a dozen of another in the end. Your calorie goal will end up the same in the end if you were are honest about your activity.

The MFP default protein level is generally considered low for an active person. The IIFYM sets your protein goal at 1 gram/lb of body weight, but it should be 1 gram/lb of LEAN body mass. Given your goal is to lose 80 lbs, and assuming that would put you at an average BF percentage, 120 grams would be a reasonable protein goal.