Raspberry Ketone with diet/exercise will it work?

Options
I know I sound stupid for asking but I was wondering if it will get a little bit of a push to take the ketone? I have changed my consistency with working out and eating but I still crave horrible foods. mostly carbs.

I have been doing Turbo fire / conventional cardio like treadmills/ elliptical.

Any thoughts? I wish I could stay all natural if possible that's why i would never try hydroxycut.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why do you think carbs are horrible?
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    I have too much carbs in my diet as it is and I really wish I wasn't craving carbs all the time :\
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Stick at it and you'll see incredible results. If that doesn't work, try a juice detox. If you're still having no joy, unleash the power of prayer.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones is a con. You don't need them. You can lose weight with just diet and exercise. Don't restrict food too much, that just makes it harder to stick to in the long term. Carbs are not bad, in fact your body runs on carbs (glucose... what your cells need for respiration....) too much of anything is bad for you, but carbs in moderation are not bad. Set yourself a sensible calorie target for slow and steady fat loss, then stick to your calorie goal, and be patient. You don't gain fat overnight, you don't lose it overnight either. But stick with it in the long term and you will succeed without the need for any fad like raspberry ketones or anything else.

ETA: I personally find that I crave carbs if I'm not eating enough of any nutrient, i.e. if I'm under on protein I crave carbs, if I'm under on fat I crave carbs.... so if I'm making sure I get all the nutrients I need, including a moderate amount of carbs, I'm fine. No carb cravings.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones is a con. You don't need them. You can lose weight with just diet and exercise. Don't restrict food too much, that just makes it harder to stick to in the long term. Carbs are not bad, in fact your body runs on carbs (glucose... what your cells need for respiration....) too much of anything is bad for you, but carbs in moderation are not bad. Set yourself a sensible calorie target for slow and steady fat loss, then stick to your calorie goal, and be patient. You don't gain fat overnight, you don't lose it overnight either. But stick with it in the long term and you will succeed without the need for any fad like raspberry ketones or anything else.

ETA: I personally find that I crave carbs if I'm not eating enough of any nutrient, i.e. if I'm under on protein I crave carbs, if I'm under on fat I crave carbs.... so if I'm making sure I get all the nutrients I need, including a moderate amount of carbs, I'm fine. No carb cravings.

This
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    The only benefit it has will be psychological.

What happens with things like this is because someone believes it will work it can unconsciously impact on other areas which do affect weight loss significantly: adherence to a calorie deficit, consistent choices which contribute towards that deficit. Voila - weight loss occurs as if by magic.

Knowing this the question then becomes "why don't I save my money and address the route cause of my difficulties with cravings?" This could be eating more protein and leafy green veg to help with feelings of fullness or it could be purchasing a decent book which addresses the mental aspects of cravings.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options

Thank you for the imput. I wasn't sure if there would be any good benefits to taking the ketone stuff.

Yeah I work weird hours so its hard for me to figure out when to eat or what to eat. food is the worst for me.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options

What happens with things like this is because someone believes it will work it can unconsciously impact on other areas which do affect weight loss significantly: adherence to a calorie deficit, consistent choices which contribute towards that deficit. Voila - weight loss occurs as if by magic.

Knowing this the question then becomes "why don't I save my money and address the route cause of my difficulties with cravings?" This could be eating more protein and leafy green veg to help with feelings of fullness or it could be purchasing a decent book which addresses the mental aspects of cravings.

I guess oatmeal would be a better filler? maybe
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

I guess oatmeal would be a better filler? maybe

Possible. Give it a go and see how you feel.

What I would say is look at this over the long term. I understand you might want to shift the weight off as soon as possible and the thought of even gaining a tiny amount of weight may seem terrifying. However what you are really aiming for here is discovering a way of eating that you feel happy and comfortable with which you can extend when you get to your desired weight. This is one of the reasons that lots of people regain weight eventually. They stop "dieting" and go back to their old habits which made them over weight in the first place.