Newbie here

Options
Hi! I'm a newbie to this site. A friend from another board recommended myfitnesspal. And I'm finding it particularly helpful being able to see the input for foods and exercise together. Great job webmasters. :D

But I'm no stranger to weight loss. I have struggled with my weight since I got out of college and am now 40+. In the past I've done really well on Atkins and managed carb plans, and only gained weight when I strayed from it and started making grains and grain products a main ingredient in my meal plans.

I want to lose about 45-50 pounds. Eek! That's a toddler! Since the last time I ballooned out a couple of things have changed. I've realized I do have a gluten sensitivity plus a lactose intolerance. I've weeded those products out of my diet totally. So now I eat mainly veggies, moderate amounts of protein, as well as fruit and nuts.

Anyway just wanted to say Hi and hope to get to know you. :-)

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it. This is a great site to get you on track. Good Luck!
  • sanrog
    Options
    Welcome! I have found this to be a great tool for my weight loss. Like you I have struggled my whole life with weight loss and finally feel like I have it under control and can meet my goal. I will be 50 at the end of the month and am determined to go into my fifties healthy and fit. Best of luck to you and add me as a friend if you like.