Doing lunges,squats,leg lifts, but still have a saggy butt!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Justagirl1978
    Justagirl1978 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Growing a bigger butt takes a lot of time, hard work and patience. They don't grow out of nothing so you need to be eating to support the growth.

I've also found, from experience, that the glutes need to be hit hard and heavy on a regular basis, but you also have to make sure they are working correctly too as glutes that don't fire properly don't grow.

If you look at my profile picture (larger pic in my album) the first pic was in 2010, the second in 2011 and the third in 2013 - the growth has taken time and effort.

Persevere - consistency is the best thing you can give your body when you are hoping to make changes :)
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Barbell hip thrusts are AWESOME.

Also, someone mentioned Bret Contreras. His programme is good!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Some of it is genetics too. My butt has alwasy been a problem area for me. Even when I'm working out the most it's just not the tightest thing. Maybe the doom of being a skinny white girl with a small booty? I've worked hard recently on losing a lot of body fat and now I'm working on doing a lot of strength training and hoping that will help. I'm not great at spending a lot of time at home on the work, so I've broken it up at work, once every other hour I'm doing 20-40 squats, concentrating on really squeezing on the way up, and then 20-30 lunges every other hour, every other day. (the benefits of having an office with a door) I'm hoping my own body weight will do something, because I can't add any weight to the work.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You need to up your game with the weights. Keep going progressively higher with the weight.

A common problem when doing these workouts it that the psoas and the gluteus minimus will fire, but the maximus and medius will not. The round booty that everyone wants is all maximus and medius. The psoas is inside the pelvic wall and is great for stability, but it won't do anything for your butt. You really need to squeeze those cheeks together.

The things that fire those muscles in particular are glute bridges, hip thrusts, glute ham raise and seriously weighted (I'm talking 80 pounds weighted) donkey kicks on the glute machine (if your gym has the machine).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a gym? I'd suggest a good compound barbell program like this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

And maybe add in some barbell hip thrusts.
  • hip_hippo
    Options
    Go on to youtube look up befit they have a butt lift program and get enough protien (45 grams a day is for the inactive)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves. Book. Go buy it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lulz 10 minutes

15 minutes gets me this
    2-3 minutes KB swings/battle rops/rower = warm up
    2 x 8 @ 45 techncial warm up- mobility wod between
    135 for reps
    185 for reps.

THEN we start the work out.

There is no such thing as 6 minute abs or a 10 minute butt.

Work on the calorie deficit.
    Work on progressively loading for lifting.