Where do you take your Polar HRM to get the battery replaced

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Where do you take your Polar HRM to get the battery replaced?

Replies

• katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Great question! I wondered the same thing when I read the directions, it doesn't say what to do just take it to a dealer or something like that. I will keep checking this thread to see who answers.

Take care,
    Hope you get a reply soon!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    If you go to thier website it will give you a list of certified locations. If you don't live near one you have to send it in to them.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    In my manual they recommend returning it to the manufacturer to get the batteries replaced so that it can remain water tight and what not.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    From what I understand it depends on how new your mode isl. The newest ones don't need to be sent back to the company to have them changes but they can be changed by the customer and can be purchases either by Polar or other sources. At the moment I don't know other sources to suggest. I think the FT7 can be done by the buyer, maybe the F7? But below that model not sure, I thought I heard those had to be sent back to the company?.

Now this is what I've read and what I've heard from other Polar owners, not something I've done yet myself, so I can't vouch for what I just now said personally. bwwwwwwhahha:tongue:

Edit: Ok just Googled this......http://tinyurl.com/25e9mwq (I replaced the 5 line link with tinyurl because it was to darn long lol)

Here's a quote from that site:

"Battery Replacement in the Polar Wrist Unit"
    "Many new Polar products have user changeable batteries in both the watch and transmitter. "
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    I would call/check into Creative Health Products. They are the largest authorized Polar repair center in the US and they have been doing it since Polar started selling products.

The direct Web site is: http://www.polarservicecenter.com/

You mail in the monitor/chest strap, they replace the battery, test it, etc. Cost is reasonable, service time is OK (10 days or so) and you can call them directly and "check in" to see how your HRM is doing.

I have done business with these folks for over 20 years--it's where I send my Polar when it needs service.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I would call/check into Creative Health Products. They are the largest authorized Polar repair center in the US and they have been doing it since Polar started selling products.

The direct Web site is: http://www.polarservicecenter.com/

You mail in the monitor/chest strap, they replace the battery, test it, etc. Cost is reasonable, service time is OK (10 days or so) and you can call them directly and "check in" to see how your HRM is doing.

I have done business with these folks for over 20 years--it's where I send my Polar when it needs service.
    Good info to know! Thanks Azdak :wink:
This discussion has been closed.