SNOW DAY!

Options
So I live in SC and we are getting hit with a lot of snow this week.. When things go white around here things tend to shut down including the gym! So no gym for the next several days.. any ideas on the exercise front I can do while snowed in.. Cardio I can figure out, but I have no weights at home and will really miss my weight sessions!

Replies

• LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender on youtube.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender on youtube.

I'll have to check it out!!
  • Llamedos1960
    Options
    I suppose you might get a bit of strength work in shovelling all that snow! :flowerforyou:
  • krisbeck1982
    krisbeck1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    shoveling!!! cardio and strength training!!! and gets your driveway cleared :)
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    never thought about strength training from home without weights. That's a good one. My personal favorite activity on snow days is shoveling snow. It burns a lot of calories, it's good cardio and depending on how wet the snow is could be strength training too cause that wet shiz is awful heavy. Stay safe!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    If you have any smallish canvas bags or even plastic bags fill them with canned foods. Instant weights.
  • turtledove773
    Options
    I suppose you might get a bit of strength work in shovelling all that snow! :flowerforyou:

Hmm...that would require a shovel.. I don't even own one LOL! Snow is NOT something we get very often here!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    How much is a lot?
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Push ups? Sit ups? Squats? Youtube??
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Hmm...that would require a shovel.. I don't even own one LOL! Snow is NOT something we get very often here!

I'd ease up on this. I highly doubt you guys are getting 4-6" of heart attack snow.
  • MissLakeTime
    MissLakeTime Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You could try the Sworkit app (it connects directly to MFP after your workout to log calories burned). Also, YouTube has a lot of different exercise videos (including 30 Day Shred-Level 1). Pinterest also has a lot of ideas for exercises at home. I don't have a gym membership and I have used all of these ideas!
  • turtledove773
    Options
    How much is a lot?

LOL 7 inches.. we get 1/2 in and school shuts down around here and bread and milk disappears from the store shelves!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    There's all kinds of body weight exercise videos on the web. There are lots of people who have built a lot of muscle just doing body weight exercise. :smile:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Definitely bodyweight exercises. I have never done it, but here is a link for one on Fitness Blender: http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Brutal-35-Minute-Bodyweight-Workout/8f/
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Go act like a kid and play in the snow, you'll burn so many calories!! Evidently you can burn up to 400 cal/hour just trying to stay warm! Put on all the layers you own and go sledding and make snow men and have a snowball fight.

Running in the snow (even just to avoid snowballs) will burn a TON of calories, its like running on the beach. But way more fun!!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Wow 7 inches of snow in SC that has to be a record breaker. I lived in Charleston SC for a year, beautiful place.