Need Advice for workouts in 30m range! just had baby.

Options
Hi Everyone!
I am a mommy of 3 but I have 2 little ladies, an almost 3 year old and 2 week old keeping me busy during the day when my son is at school.
I am looking to start up my exercise routine again but I am looking for suggestions of a workout that is less than an hour long (30 min range preferably) that I could do twice per day instead of trying to find a entire hour long stretch to work out. (which is nearly impossible with a newborn)

When my youngest gets a little bigger it will be easier to find the time to do a longer workout, but I don't want to just sit around until then since I have already lost 25lbs since I had her.

I was on bed rest half of my pregnancy so I have a lot of muscle weakness, I am looking for something that won't be too easy but also won't be impossible to do.

Cardio or strength
Any suggestions would be awesome!
I am just looking to follow a set routine to push myself.

Thank you!
Brittany

Replies

• auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Jillian micheals might be a good way to work into it; But this early should probably stick to something like walking unless your doctor has cleared you for something more strenuous.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My doctor has cleared me, miraculously I had no problem being up and was walking around the hospital the same day I had her. :happy:
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Jillian micheals has lots but the 30day shred and ripped in 30 incorporate light weights so could work on building back some muscle strength after being on bed rest. You can also modify it where you need to. (If you were asking DVD wise anyway). 10 minute trainer might be good for finding time for with new baby (bit more of investment there) could do one or two here and there when you have a chance. There's lots of options out there for 30ish minutes if you are willing to look :)
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've started looking into dailyburn.com There is a 30 day free trial, then it's $10/month after that. Different programs for you to follow & different variety.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 4, and she and I turn on the music and dance. :) It's a good workout, it's fun time together, and I don't have to wait for her to be occupied. (Which is hard, since she outgrew her naps long ago.) If you have a Wii or Xbox Kinect, you can get a Just Dance game for a little structured movement, or you can just turn on the radio/cd/Wiggles dvd (haha!) and dance around. Then when you do your second workout of the day, you can do an "adult" workout maybe. :)
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Google "7-minute workout" and you'll find the New York Times article about it. There is also phone apps that have been developed. It's similar to 30 Day Shred and uses body weight. You can repeat the workout as many times as you have time for.
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions everyone. :)
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 or Body Revolution. I love those!! I've also done the 30 Day Shred, but I personally think it's too repetitive and hard on the knees and back.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Try www.fitnessblender.com

They have over 200 free workouts and many are 30 minutes, some even 10 or 15! Everything from HIIT, Pilates, Kettlebell, Yoga, Low Impact Cardio, Strength Training....the list is endless. With this site there is no excuse not to find something that fits your needs. I love love this site!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You tube has tons of free videos that range from 10 -30 or more mins. Good job for setting get a new routine with little ones.
  • seffti
    Options
    I just read about this today on MFP, it's called tabata training. Basically you do 4-min workouts for 20mins, resting for one minute every 4mins. You should check it out :)

http://www.active.com/fitness/articles/what-is-tabata-training
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I am a mommy of 3 but I have 2 little ladies, an almost 3 year old and 2 week old keeping me busy during the day when my son is at school.
    I am looking to start up my exercise routine again but I am looking for suggestions of a workout that is less than an hour long (30 min range preferably) that I could do twice per day instead of trying to find a entire hour long stretch to work out. (which is nearly impossible with a newborn)

When my youngest gets a little bigger it will be easier to find the time to do a longer workout, but I don't want to just sit around until then since I have already lost 25lbs since I had her.

I was on bed rest half of my pregnancy so I have a lot of muscle weakness, I am looking for something that won't be too easy but also won't be impossible to do.

Cardio or strength
    Any suggestions would be awesome!
    I am just looking to follow a set routine to push myself.

Thank you!
    Brittany

The Russian kettlebell is a hand-held gym... no gym necessary, a tiny bit of space, cardio and strength all in one... the ONLY tool proven to burn 1200 calories in an hour... Message me if you want more info! HIGHLY recommend...

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group
  • Apix
    Apix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    T25 with Shaun T is a great workout. it's only 25 minutes and really is a good workout.
    I'm in the same boat as you. Just had a baby 5 months ago and work full time. It's hard to fit in a much longer workout than 30 minutes. I have done Insanity and P90X and thought T25 would be too easy (ha!) but I have been happy with the T25 workout.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30DS hands down... it's only 25 minutes per level and goes by quick. I promise you the results are worth it and also help you improve endurance and strength. You can do it at home while your kids are napping or at school and you don't even really need to have dumbbells if you can't get them. I just used soup cans when I first started out.

I'm a Mom with two kids and have already done the 30DS multiple times with amazing results.. I highly recommend it. If you do 30DS and get bored with it after 30 days, check out fitnessblender.com. They have free videos with various types of exercises and routines. I recommend starting with 30DS first but it will likely boost your love for fitness and give you results that are worth your time.
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! awesome suggestions, I can't wait to look into them! :)
  • ginahoust
    Options
    I just finished Focus T25 a week ago and it was great! I have never really worked out much in my life and I'm almost 49. I lost 8 lbs and about 8 inches. It's tough but anyone can do it and it's only 25 minutes....