Down 51 lbs in 3.75 months!

Options
This is an update on a previous post I made called, "I've lost 45 lbs in 3 months on this special diet". Of course, my "special diet" comment was a sarcastic jab at all the gimmicky and sometimes high priced diets out there today. I think I turned off some people by the title and they just ignored it ;-)

By eating whatever I "choose" to eat, keeping and daily logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and getting in some modest to moderate exercise a few times a week, I've lost 51 lbs in 3.75 months.

MFP set up my daily caloric needs at 2,190 a day at the start for a projected 2 lb per week loss. It's at 2,060 a day now. I went over that number 1 time in the first 115 days.

I've managed to lose thus far through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, college football bowl games, birthday parties, New Years and NFL playoff games, including the grand daddy pig out day of them all, the SUPERBOWL! ;-)

At times, I've eaten hamburgers, fish & chips, fried chicken, burritos, steak, pasta, cake & chocolate candy. Just not every day, or, in excess.

I joined a weekly support group and weigh-in for accountability and also receive encouragement here on MFP. I'm reshaping my thinking process from "I can't", to "I can!"

Frankly, I'm tired of making excuses for being fat...

This is a process, a balance of my life long one, I understand that. I haven't reached my goal yet, however, I'm on my way!

Cheers!

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    First off I'd like to say CONGRATS!!

Secondly, I'd like to whine about how it's not fair that men lose so much quicker than woman FML!!!

but again great job.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the hard work your dedication and committment are obviously paying off for you. :)
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep up the hard work your dedication and committment are obviously paying off for you. :)

Why, thanks!
  • TXSweety09
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!! and your right, one can eat the occasional hamburger, fried chicken, burrito, etc. just in moderation. I have found that when we eat out say at Dairy Queen, I get a hamburger just because I love hamburgers, but instead of ordering french fries, I'll order a side salad... kinda balances it out some :) If you don't indulge (in moderation) every once in a while you will find yourself overindulging and jeopardizing your efforts.

Recently the hubs and I went on a vacation, and yes I indulged a little because the food was AMAZING! however all the walking we did I lost 4.2 lbs that week (and 5.8 lbs the next week)..... where was this vacation you ask??? We were on a 5 day cruise!!!

So you keep on keeping on my friend... you will reach that goal before you know it!!!!!!!!! You got this!!!!!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!! and your right, one can eat the occasional hamburger, fried chicken, burrito, etc. just in moderation. I have found that when we eat out say at Dairy Queen, I get a hamburger just because I love hamburgers, but instead of ordering french fries, I'll order a side salad... kinda balances it out some :) If you don't indulge (in moderation) every once in a while you will find yourself overindulging and jeopardizing your efforts.

Recently the hubs and I went on a vacation, and yes I indulged a little because the food was AMAZING! however all the walking we did I lost 4.2 lbs that week (and 5.8 lbs the next week)..... where was this vacation you ask??? We were on a 5 day cruise!!!

So you keep on keeping on my friend... you will reach that goal before you know it!!!!!!!!! You got this!!!!!

Good for you!

I employ some of your techniques at times. I might order a hamburger and have a baked potato instead of fries ;-)
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Congrats. What a great job. I'm so jealous, why is it men can lose so much faster that women?
  • GettingFitCris
    GettingFitCris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such an awesome accomplishment!! Keep up the good work!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations!!! Just goes to show that everything in moderation really is important, and it's ok to eat that stuff once in a while. Keep it up!
  • girl6_nyc
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! CONGRATS:smile::smile: keep up the good work!
  • shayshay704
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Remain focused an the remainder will fall as well!
  • greshka
    greshka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! Expect to see before and after pics here once you reach your goal. Dressed, of course;)

~Some people diet to look good in their clothes. I exercise so I look good naked;~)
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success story and it's wonderful too that you an encourage the rest of us to keep on going! Congratulations on your success and being an encourager.
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great job. dude
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    That is the reason I share my experience here, to encourage and be encouraged by all of you good people here who are on the same journey as me! Thank you all so much!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    For all you women who have mentioned how much "easier" it is for men to lose weight than women, I know, I know. I've been married for 35 years now and have heard that same comment several times ;-)
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You failed to mention you ate CUPCAKES.....Carrot Cake to be exact. ;)
  • saddie32
    Options
    This is an update on a previous post I made called, "I've lost 45 lbs in 3 months on this special diet". Of course, my "special diet" comment was a sarcastic jab at all the gimmicky and sometimes high priced diets out there today. I think I turned off some people by the title and they just ignored it ;-)

By eating whatever I "choose" to eat, keeping and daily logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and getting in some modest to moderate exercise a few times a week, I've lost 51 lbs in 3.75 months.

MFP set up my daily caloric needs at 2,190 a day at the start for a projected 2 lb per week loss. It's at 2,060 a day now. I went over that number 1 time in the first 115 days.

I've managed to lose thus far through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, college football bowl games, birthday parties, New Years and NFL playoff games, including the grand daddy pig out day of them all, the SUPERBOWL! ;-)

At times, I've eaten hamburgers, fish & chips, fried chicken, burritos, steak, pasta, cake & chocolate candy. Just not every day, or, in excess.

I joined a weekly support group and weigh-in for accountability and also receive encouragement here on MFP. I'm reshaping my thinking process from "I can't", to "I can!"

Frankly, I'm tired of making excuses for being fat...

This is a process, a balance of my life long one, I understand that. I haven't reached my goal yet, however, I'm on my way!

Cheers!
  • saddie32
    Options
    Way to go that is great! So then it maybe possible for me to lose 20 by july
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!