better to not workout??

Options
hey yall im molly. i have been on the journey to lose weight on and off for about 5 years now. i havent lost anything but now i am really determined to lose the weight! i want to get down to 155. when i started this i was 185 and weigh roughly 180 now(havent weighed myself lately) well ive noticed a trend. when i go to the gym it seems like i start gaining weight and when i dont go to the gym for awhile i start losing again. could it be that going to the gym is counter productive? i am in the army and already have a pretty good bit of muscle, so i know most of my weight is muscle mass. i dont WANT to gain muscle mass. i want to lose weight. i am happy where i am at as far as how toned my arms are and my legs are kind of rediculously strong. what do yall think? should i skip the gym more often and just watch what i eat(which im already doing)?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if you work out- you wind up with water retention and your weight goes up a little. it's normal.

Your weight loss will come from your calorie deficit- not from working out. This loss can come from losing fat- or muscle- so this is why we encourage people to keep strength training to maintain muscle mass through the loss- so you maximize fat loss- and minimize muscle loss.

so yes and no.

more watching of what you eat.
    and no- don't skip the gym.

besides- PT test and the like.