Nutribullet Recipes?

Options
I recently got a Nutribullet and am looking for some good recipe ideas - ideally where I can also find the nutritional value as well. Anyone know any sites that have a good amount of these? Or do you happen to know any great recipes that you're willing to share?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just started using my new NutriBullet a few days ago. For breakfast I have been having filling my cup halfway with Kale and then half an apple, a banana, a few strawberries, a piece of fresh ginger and a thick slice of pineapple. I started adding a protein powder also and spirulina. It is green but tastes like fruit to me. I feel like it is making a big difference.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I suggest try experimenting! Its fun to come up with stuff. Once you have something dialed in, you can calculate the nutritional value by adding up the inputs. The recipe below I played with for a while till I got the macros I was looking for. I added kale at the very end and was surprised how much I could add without it affecting taste!

What I do:

1/2 full of kale
    3 tbsp of chia seeds
    8-12 oz 2% milk
    vanilla protein powder
    small banana
    yogurt

I will blend the kale, chia seeds and milk for 30-45 seconds first so that both the kale and chia seeds are tiny, then add the rest and run it another 30-45 seconds.

I'm getting a good mixes of carbs, protein, fiber, calories and some fat. It doesn't have a strong flavor. Certainly not for everyone but it works for me!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I use 1 cup of kale or spinich, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup frozen orange segments, 1 scoop protein powder, vanilla, and 1 cup of almond milk. Yummy and frozen, you could also add some coconut extract.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipes
  • susanlybarger
    Options
    Cashew Cream! I add a handful of raw cashew nuts, cover them with water and blend until smooth. I will use this mixture to add a creamy texture to recipes, or anyplace that sour cream would otherwise be used.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I get all of mine from Pinterest. They have a ton of great recipes :flowerforyou:

http://www.pinterest.com/april0307/food-smoothies/
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Here is what I had this morning. I call it a maca-cacao malted chocolate shake. I don't have a nutri-bullet, but I'm sure my single serve blender is about the same capacity.

2 tbsp maca root powder (40 cal)
    1 tbsp cacao powder (20 cal)
    1/2 tsp vanilla (6 cal)
    1/2 cup frozen banana (67 cal)
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries (31 cal)
    1 cup almond milk (40 cal)
    1 cup spinach (7 cal)
    Sweeten to taste (I prefer soaked dates)

I swear, it really does taste like malted chocolate (the maca adds that malty flavour). Also, having a tbsp or 2 of psyllium fibre (I prefer whole husk) 20-30 before a meal helps you feel full, in addition to its health benefits, or you can add it directly to your smoothie--however be aware that it thickens, so you may need to add more almond milk or water.