Heart Rate Monitor (UK)

Options
Hey all

Any ideas on a decent Heart rate monitor in the UK That doesn't cost the earth?? Any recommendations I've been looking on Amazon and Argos and all there monitors seem to be on watches is this what I am looking for??? Never owned one before but now I am taking my exercise seriously and getting mixed messages from my wii I could do with a good heart rate monitor to know how many cals I've burnt

Replies

• gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi, I found out it is best to buy the best you can afford. I started off with a £30 one from Tesco and on my first trip out in the rain it started to mess about and the watch screen fogged over. It obviously was not very water-proof.

After a lot of research I decided on the Polar FT7 which I bought from Argos £89.99. It has very good reviews on here and I went with the majority. Its a watch and also a chest strap. Its totally waterproof and can be worn for swimming also. I ended up buying the mans version (think the ladies one is pink) but that makes no difference at all.

I also like this one because the numbers on the screen are BIG and a god-send because my eyesight is not as good as it used to be :ohwell:

Hope this helps with your search.
  • Krazyklaws
    Options
    Hi there. Have you tried Tesco? I've not tried it myself, but I think they do a basic one for about £35.

I have a Polar, it's a bit over engineered for my needs and it's on the blink so I'd be interested to know if anyone has used the Tesco ones.
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use a York HRM. Had it for years and it does the job. Again it's a watch and chest strap - I think i got it from Argos.
  • rofrewin
    Options
    Good thing about the Polar ones is that they are the industry standard so if you're ever on pretty much any machine in any gym it will link in with the software. I'd agree go with the best you can afford. I've had my polar one for about 6 years now and use it as a watch when I'm at work too. Never gone wrong.