wow, thats awesome
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Daaaaamn! Suddenly 50 isn't looking so bad!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I saw this on FB this morning, had to share. Very inspirational as you wouldn't believe the amount of times I hear age used as an excuse to not workout by people in their 40's/50's. Sure, I'm not that age yet so I haven't experienced it but seeing this makes you realise anything is possible and excuses are just that. Excuses.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My parents are in their 70's and while they don't look like Sonny the Bodybuilder, they're still really healthy! They go to the gym four days a week and lift weights together. They hike, they go cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, they climb mountains. My dad plays competitive tennis and pick up basketball with men 30-40 years younger. My mom walks 4-6 miles a day.

They're both in excellent health - low cholesterol, healthy blood sugar, perfect blood pressure.

I think that comes from living a healthy lifestyle (good genes don't hurt, either) throughout their years. My parents never smoked, they drank only moderately, there was always a focus on eating healthy, home-made meals with lots of fruit/vegetables. They also made a lifelong commitment to being physically active. It's definitely paid off!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    So very inspiring!!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    fantastic!! Amazing!!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Pretty good for 30 lol
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    A true inspiration - thank you for sharing!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! :heart:
  • Jack_Lalanne
    Options
    I'm 66, lost 43 pounds and have been working hard. I'm proud of my accomplishments. At the risk of offending some, and I certainly hope no one will be offended, I invite you to see a couple of my progress pictures. I'm certainly not a body builder, I'm just an average senior citizen trying to improve myself. It hasn't been easy, but the results are worth the effort.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    And of course Ernestine Shepherd is like 76 or 77. She didn't start lifting until she was 56.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIxmj_HHfWA
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options

LOL. Those gyys couldn't do at least 20 reps @275lbs at the leg press? Bros need to stop skipping leg day, lest 73 year old gramma will outlift your silly chicken legs. :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    And of course Ernestine Shepherd is like 76 or 77. She didn't start lifting until she was 56.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIxmj_HHfWA

Oh yeah, I've seen her on tv. She's amazing!