Please share your healthy bisquit and gravy recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Actually yes, and it's turned out delicious! THIS IS A CHEATER BISCUITS AND GRAVY RECIPE, sue me.

This is for one serving.
    2 Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers Butter Tastin' Biscuits

For the gravy:
    In a nonstick skillet, brown 1/3 cup of Jimmy Dean's Turkey Sausage Crumbles
    Next, dust the crumbles in 1/2 tbsp of flour and some pepper to taste. (I don't add any salt 'cus the crumbles are SO salty)
    Now, pour in about 1/3 cup of almond milk. YES, I SAID IT. Again, sue me.
    May need to adjust flour to milk ratio for desired consistency. ;-)

Stir and let thicken. Pour over biscuits! 'Tis 268 calories for these bad boys.
  • mdougherty71
    Options
    Yeah, I could have used a better word. LOL. I recently made homemade bisquits and homemade gravy for the first time and I was SOOOOO good but certainly NOT "healthy"! I am happy to see that there quite a few versions and I am definitely going to give them a try! Thanks for the recipes!
  • mdougherty71
    Options
    I am going to try making this sweet potato bisquit. I don't need the gravy often but give me bisquits and I'm a happy girl. Thanks :)
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am going to try making this sweet potato bisquit. I don't need the gravy often but give me bisquits and I'm a happy girl. Thanks :)

I like sweet potato biscuits as a brunch thing, they're quite delicious.

However....having been raised in a southern state...There is no real substitute for homemade scratch biscuits and gravy. Just do it! Make 'em smaller than normal and try to eat slower but plan on getting your workout in!
  • AnyankaSigrun
    Options
    I have always made my gravy by using chicken broth, 1 tbls of better than bullion chicken and a cup of sour cream and everyone loves it. I am sure you can use Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. the calorie count would depend on how much gravy you use.