plant based, whole food lifestyle

I have not eaten any meat in 1 week. I am trying to adapt to a plant based whole food lifestyle... so far so good..... anyone else out there vegetarian or vegan that have "go to "receipes that they want to share? Also quick and easy receipes, I am a busy busy mom. Thank you!

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Check out www.allrecipes.com. This is a great site for finding recipes that have been tried and rated by everyday people. I always read several reviews because often they provide great tips for altering the recipe. You can specify that you want vegetarian dishes, and you have the ability to list ingredients you have on hand for it to locate a recipe that may work.

Wishing you the best with your new lifestyle.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I've tried many of these recipes and have liked everyone I have tried so far.

http://simplyvegetarianpaleo.com/
  • Fatfreevegan.com --Name says it all
    fatfree.com -- fat free vegetarian
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    My go-to recipes are Veggie Lasagna, Black Beans with Veggies over quinoa (and in wraps the next day), Pasta with Lentils, Veggies and Tomato Sauce. Those are really easy for me to make on busy weeknights.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    vegweb.com
    ohsheglows.com
  • justlosingit4
    justlosingit4 Posts: 22 Member
    Try ohsheglows.com!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    I haven't been cooking much lately so I don't have much to add, but Happy Herbivores is a great group to join if you're looking for recipes and support :)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Check out www.allrecipes.com. This is a great site for finding recipes that have been tried and rated by everyday people. I always read several reviews because often they provide great tips for altering the recipe. You can specify that you want vegetarian dishes, and you have the ability to list ingredients you have on hand for it to locate a recipe that may work.

Wishing you the best with your new lifestyle.

^This. I'm by no means a vegetarian or vegan, but www.allrecipes.com is a great source for recipes because you can search for specific things and check the ratings to see what's actually good. Highly recommended
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Check out www.theppk.com... You won't regret it! Vegan power!
  • Stubbornfighter
    Stubbornfighter Posts: 63 Member
    If you have a Costco near you mix their organic black bean soup (just have to heat it in a pan) with their Organic Grains of Change (microwave 1:30 minutes) and you have a full delicious meal in a few minutes ^^

If you need any other advice message me, I've been a vegetarian for 10 years
  • Are you doing the Engine2 challenge? If not, I like a lot of their recipes.

And since I hate cooking, I've been looking for simple ones myself. I like looking at recipes on here: http://plantbasedonabudget.com/