dog owners

Options
What is the strangest thing your dog has partially consumed, then later surprised you with? I just had to pick up hair, an ink pen and a shoe insert....

Replies

• tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    lmao...the little red thing around the edges of bologna...nope they don't digest it and nope it isn't fun to pull it out the rear...lmao
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    A paper towel that had bacon grease on it... it looked like pulling one of those Clorox Wetwipes out of the tube.
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My pug ate a dryer sheet. He was trying to pass it (in the house!) and we saw this white stuff sticking out of his a@# and had no idea until we started to tug on it (I know gross!!!) what it actually was. Then we couldn't stop laughing!!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    A golf ball.... Thought my Rottweiler had worms, Nope... Just rubber bands. LOL

Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    My dog ate a diamond and pearl earring. Just FYI stomach acids and who knows what else, is not good on pearls. I did find it. About half the size it used to be!
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A pair of baby socks.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    my dog eats the toys that are string all the time...and it comes out when he goes to the bathroom then he scoots around the yard because he cant get it all the way out lol he always LOVES to eat q- tips...and tissues lol
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My dog ate a tube sock, threw it up days later, and then ate it again before we had a chance to get to it. We caught it the second time around ;).

He also trys eats his poopies as soon as they exit. Yuck!!!!
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    A door frame uggh so glad the puppy years are gone.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Not strange, but it does tick me off when they keep eating my oranges and apples and plums off my trees. I keep telling them those are for me. But nooooo, they dont listen.:ohwell:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Tinsel. A tassel for the a...well, you get it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This is my CHANCE!

Letter to dog owners:

Dear Dog Owner,

I know you love your darling/sweet/awesome pooch. So do I usually. Please keep in mind all the rules that pertain to dogs for their safety and ours.

-Leashes in public places, unless otherwise specified by written or drawn signs.

-Please pick up their poop even if you live in fancy places where you think someone else in a uniform might be dying to do it.

-Please be mindful of the noise they make and do something to correct it BEFORE someone complains about it and you justify it to yourself by finding some way to label the complainer a douche or a betch.

-If you find restaurant or cafe signs that say "Dog Friendly" please take that as an invitation to enter with your pooch still on a leash and well behaved so that you don't need to tie them to a post outside. DO NOT misinterpret this to think that anyone inside there thinks setting your dog on the counter no matter how small is okay. Or to leave it off it's leash. Or to throw food on the ground to let your dog eat it from there and then make the floor slippery for people. Or to place a whole plate of food at your feet for your dog to eat and then pretend not to notice when your dog licks another patron's leg with a mouthfull of partially consumed people food.

Thank You.

Sorry to sound mean or anything but it's just kind of hard to look sexy walking around venice/santa monica on a romantic date when you've got a slime leg of gooey jamaican omelette residue down your calf.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    A paper towel that had bacon grease on it... it looked like pulling one of those Clorox Wetwipes out of the tube.

+1 Same here!
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The insides of my son's diaper, not to mention I found this with my bare foot. It was like stepping into those water crystals that they used to sell in the mall for indoor plants... just nasty.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Well she didn't consume it but I caught her chewing on a ummmm...lady fun toy...lol. Oh my god, I was so embarrassed even though nobody else was there!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Poo.

Which it vomited up.

Then it ate the poo vomit.

No chocolate mousse for me that month!
  • Where_Is_Herb
    Where_Is_Herb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is my CHANCE!

Letter to dog owners:

Dear Dog Owner,

I know you love your darling/sweet/awesome pooch. So do I usually. Please keep in mind all the rules that pertain to dogs for their safety and ours.

-Leashes in public places, unless otherwise specified by written or drawn signs.

-Please pick up their poop even if you live in fancy places where you think someone else in a uniform might be dying to do it.

-Please be mindful of the noise they make and do something to correct it BEFORE someone complains about it and you justify it to yourself by finding some way to label the complainer a douche or a betch.

-If you find restaurant or cafe signs that say "Dog Friendly" please take that as an invitation to enter with your pooch still on a leash and well behaved so that you don't need to tie them to a post outside. DO NOT misinterpret this to think that anyone inside there thinks setting your dog on the counter no matter how small is okay. Or to leave it off it's leash. Or to throw food on the ground to let your dog eat it from there and then make the floor slippery for people. Or to place a whole plate of food at your feet for your dog to eat and then pretend not to notice when your dog licks another patron's leg with a mouthfull of partially consumed people food.

Thank You.

Sorry to sound mean or anything but it's just kind of hard to look sexy walking around venice/santa monica on a romantic date when you've got a slime leg of gooey jamaican omelette residue down your calf.

What a Herb.
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Back in the 80's our new puppy ate the wire from my husband's expensive headphones. We woke up to find the headphones sitting on the stand with a piece of cord hanging, then nothing, and then the jack that was attached to the receiver! He ate everything in between a 1/4 of cord from the set all the way to the jack! He also consumed one red marker (he left a big red stain on the floor and his two front paws where no longer white but red), and the back of my shoes. After that he quit being destructive but all his life (he lived 17 years) he had a bad habit of collecting tissues and storing them under the bed and if you tried to get them when he was around he would become protective of his stash. Crazy dog! Can't help but love them anyway.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Many years ago we had a dog that liked to eat carpeting.... he would find a spot near the edge and start to unravel it, then eat it.... that was never pretty when it came out!