I'm back ...

Options
I'm back bit this time I'm heavier. :o( I worked really hard last spring to get into shape and I did-I looked great and felt great. Then I suffered my very first EVER injury while running (I've been running on and off since I was 13). I pulled my hip flexor at the end of June. I was out for the entire summer. Then after 2.5 months of not doing much….I decided to get back to running. My hip was fine and things were looking good again. Then I tore my calf muscle in October. I have been struggling ever since to get back to running. I've put on 13 pounds…..:o( I'm so frustrated! Every time I try to get back into running my calf ceases up. I've been to physio (2.5 months) but I'm still having trouble.

Anyways, I weighed myself this morning….130.8 lbs. yikes.
130 has always been my bench mark for NEVER going over.
Now I need to get serious. I need to lose that extra weight, by logging everything and I need to get back to running and strength training.

Anybody leave and come back? What changes did you make to ensure success the second time around?

Replies

• the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 lbs the first time I was on here. I got to where I felt like I had everything under control and I could do it without documenting, and I was doing great. Then I went on vacation. So, here I am, 20 lbs heavier than I was the first time I started, and I'm back to documenting everyday. What changed for me was more of a personal mindset than a method. I have goals that seem to never stop motivating me, and a new look at life that is keeping me involved. That and a little bit of difficulty to overcome. Breaking down someone else's barrier is always fun for me.
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's hard getting back to fitness and calorie counting after a vacation! :o) You look like you are back on track though! Mu biggest obstacle right now is getting past this calf injury-I may just have to give up running and start doing something else… :o(
  • Renegade706
    Options
    You might need to back off the running for awhile, or at least start back very gradually. Circuit training will help you lose pounds fast and build some strength back in your calves, which hopefully will let you run like before. Just an idea , good luck whatever you choose :)