My NSV belongs to someone else

Options
2»

Replies

• kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    I love seeing there are moms reading this thinking of their daughters :smooched:
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is a great nsv!! I can relate, my mom and I are extremely close. She was always very thin, and as she's gotten older the same choices are leaving different results! Luckily she has seen the major changes I've made in my lifestyle, and is interested in doing the same. AWESOME that you can inspire your mom, because I'm sure she's done the same for you a few times :)
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you and your mom! Asking for help was so brave of her. I, too, have an autoimmune disease, RA. Within 3 days of changing my diet, taking out processed foods and limiting sugar, I had a huge decrease in my pain levels...from a daily 5 threshold to a 1/2. I'm really hoping your mom feels some relief with a healthier lifestyle.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you and your mom! Asking for help was so brave of her. I, too, have an autoimmune disease, RA. Within 3 days of changing my diet, taking out processed foods and limiting sugar, I had a huge decrease in my pain levels...from a daily 5 threshold to a 1/2. I'm really hoping your mom feels some relief with a healthier lifestyle.

Wow I'm so happy for you! That gives me even more faith....I know "a calorie is a calorie" but some things irritate health issues, and some alleviate health issues. Good to see some living proof :)
  • kk1084
    kk1084 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! So happy for your mother AND you!

Would it be too personal for me to ask what autoimmune disease your mother suffers from? I only ask because my mother was recently diagnosed with lupus and I know it is devastating :( She also has epilepsy. It has been really hard, but she is a trooper. Bravest, most capable woman I know... and I hate to see when she is struggling :(

Kudos to your mom :)

No, not too personal at all! She has scleroderma, a form of fibrosis with no real treatment, and no cure. Pain in the butt to just LIVE with, I'm sure you see that with your mom too, what a tough thing do be stuck with diseases that are still so f*ucking mysterious.
    Thinking positive thoughts in your direction too :wink:

UGH YES!! It is awful to see the daily struggles and have no ability to fix it! I hate that she has to deal with this day in and day out, but she is so strong and never complains... she's my best friend :) It seems as though you are close with your mother, too. :) Still sending those positive vibes!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!