Motivation

Options
I am a 31 year old mother of two kids ( 4 & 6). I am trying to lose 20lbs. I want to feel better and have more energy to keep up with my kids. I feel tired all the time and want to get into shape. My biggest problem is that I lack motivation to exercise. I hate exercising! I have a ski machine, elliptical trainer and a bowflex at home. I would prefer to do my workouts at home but dread the thought of it. So.... does anyone have an ideas on ways to get motivated?

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Join the 14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge - find it under motivation and support!

xxxx
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk outside.....if you are a nature person find a nice trail....if you walk in the city, I like my iPod....I load my mp3 player with upbeat fast paced music....I'll make playlists for the amount of time I want to exercise....by the time I get through the playlist, I'll have walked for 60 minutes and not even known it. Start small....baby steps...all about the baby steps.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My MP3 player made all the difference in the world to me when walking on the treadmill or outside. Also find a good short workout tape to begin with...like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (wal-mart has it). It is about taking small steps towards your end goal. You didn't gain the 20 overnight so don't expect it to come off overnight. It's taken me over 100 days to lose 20 lbs but I feel AMAZING.
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think that is my problem, I don't think about "baby steps" . Whenever I decide "Ok, I'm going to start working out" I do it for about a week and don't see a huge weight loss and then get discouraged and think .... Well that is all for nothing , and then I quit.
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So ..... I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shed with weights and WOW .... I did the first day yesterday and my lower body is killing me. I hope to keep up with it. Thanks for the suggestion!