Will I retain water tomorrow?

Options
I'm not sure if I've done something silly.

I had a rare ready meal for lunch (normally cook from scratch but I was in a rush and it looked nice), and gammon steak for dinner.

I weigh in on Thursdays and suddenly paranoid I'll retain water and it wont be an accurate weigh in.

Thoughts? I do drink lots of water. I know its not all about the scale and I'm being paranoid but I do get scared of working hard all week then being disappointed and would just like to know if I can expect to retain water from this?

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That's hard to predict.... I don't even know if I will retain water tomorrow :wink: Maybe try to drink extra water tonight and see if that helps.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    No way to know for sure. If you are up, you know that it isn't real weight because you have not been eating at a surplus enough to gain it. If you way in another couple of days, it will likely be down again.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much sodium was in it and what your daily average normally is.

I keep my sodium about 2000 and if I eat 4000 one day I am up 3 or 4 pounds the next day. But a person that eats 4000 every day won't see a change. Good luck!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

I had a rare ready meal for lunch (normally cook from scratch but I was in a rush and it looked nice), and gammon steak for dinner.

I weigh in on Thursdays and suddenly paranoid I'll retain water and it wont be an accurate weigh in.

Thoughts? I do drink lots of water. I know its not all about the scale and I'm being paranoid but I do get scared of working hard all week then being disappointed and would just like to know if I can expect to retain water from this?
    Why worry about it if you do it won't be real weight and it'll go. If your up tomorrow just weigh in a couple of days and you'll know if it was water or not. Take a step back look at the whole picture you're in this for the long haul so one meal or one weigh in wont effect the whole thing. You've already lost 23 pounds successfully you know what you do works so no matter what the scales say tomorrow just keep doing what is successful for you. Good luck on your continued success
  • Youretheoneformefatty100
    Options

Why worry about it if you do it won't be real weight and it'll go. If your up tomorrow just weigh in a couple of days and you'll know if it was water or not. Take a step back look at the whole picture you're in this for the long haul so one meal or one weigh in wont effect the whole thing. You've already lost 23 pounds successfully you know what you do works so no matter what the scales say tomorrow just keep doing what is successful for you. Good luck on your continued success

LOVE THIS - It is always worth taking advice from someone who has lost over 100lbs!! They know what they are talking about! Well Done