Valentines Day?

Options
124»

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Mr. and i going out for pho (his idea). our convo last night (paraphrased):

Mr.: "I'm thinking semi-formal/dressy casual, like jeans are ok...unless you want to make it a dress-up thing in which case i'll wear a tie."
    me: "Uh..."
    Mr.: "You're worth wearing a tie for. That's why i dressed up last week for the party: i wanted to show everyone that the man on your arm is willing to dress nice for you."
    me: "Uh..."
    Mr.: "Valentine's day is more about the woman, anyway, isn't it?"
    me: "What do you mean, 'about the woman'?
    Mr.: ...
    me: "Valentine's day is about whatever you want it to be about. it's an excuse for anyone to eat candy. it's an excuse for us to go out on a nice dress-up dinner date. it's an excuse for my mother and i to make chocolate-covered poptarts and cupcakes for my cousin's second grade class. It's whatever you want. Let's dress up, that sounds nice. as long as you're comfortable. You don't have to try to fit yourself into any mold of what you think is expected. i just want you to be yourself."

i guess i'm just really not accustomed to guys who want to do nice things for me. :frown:
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Checking in my man-card for one evening to see the movie "Winter's Tale" with the wifey. We will probably go out to eat somewhere nice. Maybe a classy French Restaraunt like "Jaque-ni-box" :)
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Spending the night curled up on the couch in a fetal position...wondering where it all went wrong. :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My fiance works until at least 8:30 tomorrow night and he's on his way now to a doctor's appointment 2 1/2 hours away so my Valentine's "Day" is today working and relaxing and tomorrow working, grocery shopping and making sugar cookies with some friends for his gift. I might work in a run or two somewhere.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Never had any luck with VD when I was married. Now single, dont even feel the need or want to go out with anyone for this occocasion. Very much over rated in my book. Guess thats what you get when you have been ignored for this depressing "holiday".

Yeah, I would just spell out Valentine's Day, and skip the abbreviation.....
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Never had any luck with VD when I was married. Now single, dont even feel the need or want to go out with anyone for this occocasion. Very much over rated in my book. Guess thats what you get when you have been ignored for this depressing "holiday".

Yeah, I would just spell out Valentine's Day, and skip the abbreviation.....

Haha.