In need of a good book!

Options
Hey everyone! I wanted to know if anyone had a book that they have found to be motivating or inspiring during their weight loss journey? I want to buy something that I can read on my Kindle when I have down time to keep me focused, but don't want to waste money on something that's not worth it! lol I'm looking for something that will give me some guidance and direction with my fitness and nutrition, as well as giving me that little motivational "spark" that I need each day to keep going. I'd prefer something that's geared more towards women's fitness, but anything that you've found helpful and would suggest, would be GREAT! Thanks to everyone in advance!!! :smile:

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Great question! I'm curious to see the answers as well :)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I mostly read fitness blogs and message boards. I'm curious about the answers as well.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Mindful-Way-Through-Depression/dp/1593851286

This ^

Ignore the title - it's not about depression as such, more about those who frequently ruminate and keep doing the downward spiral of negative thinking. I read it before I started wt loss and then lost 28lbs and have maintained for a year have done the yo yo thing for 30 odd yrs. The excellent reviews back it up. I'm not a self helpy type - more stiff upper lip - so it MUST be practical and non fluffy for me to be able to even open it lol.

I'm not cured of my negativity but I can spot it and deal with it and not just feed it - in any way!

Also this is a good thought:

One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

he said "my son, the battle is
    between two 'wolves' inside us all.
    one is evil. it is anger,
    envy, jealousy, sorrow,
    regret, greed, arrogance,
    self-pity, guilt, resentment,
    inferiority, lies, false pride,
    superiority, and ego.

the other is good.
    it is joy, peace love, hope serenity,
    humility, kindness, benevolence,
    empathy, generosity,
    truth, compassion and faith."

the grandson though about
    it for a minute and then asked
    his grandfather:

"which wolf wins?..."

the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"

ETA - sorry, just realised it's not nutrition or fitness like you asked for - oopsie, my mistake!