When will I lose inches?

Options
I have been eating at a deficit for three weeks straight (more or less) I have lose weight however I have not lost inches. I also do cardio and strength training 5 days a week. How long would it take before I start to lose inches and my body fat % lowering?

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i have the same question
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Without knowing specific details difficult question to answer. Fat is distributed all over the body "problem areas" are always the last to "go". Are you looking at isolated measurements? Also you can have bloating (certain foods can cause this - even those considered "healthy" like lentils, broccoli etc... or even diet drinks and sugar free gum as the artificial sweetener can cause gas).

Check your food that you are feeding your muscles from your workouts. Are you getting enough Fat and especially protein? Otherwise you might be burning valuable muscle!

Strength training good to hear! - Keep that muscle regardless - if you doing more than 12 reps (with 30 sec interval) for 3 sets "comfortably" then up those weights. Also consider mixing up the type of exercise and your form when performing them.

....Make sure you are also getting quality sleep....

If you are losing weight, feeding those muscles you will lose the inches at some point.