Running shoes

Options
I was wondering if there is anyone who suffers from plantar fasciitis and is a runner....I am looking for a new pair of running shoes because I am now running more that walking and we don't have a true running store where I live---just a lot of sport stores with alot of salepeople who are just confusing me with too many selections......would really appreciate any help because shoes (a good pair) are not cheap and I just would like to buy one good pair that is going to give me good support....THANKS!! in advance!!

I have tried to search the subject because I am sure someone has posted this before but I am coming up with a lot of topics not specific to my needs.....

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Brooks are what I run in (and i guess i am a runner now and i do have plantar fasciitis)... and you might also look into getting super feet inserts to add to any shoe.
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    If you don't have a place that can help you then I would do a lot of research online. Check different forums - I know that Runner's world gives a lot of reviews on different shoes. I would check there as well.
  • randilea
    Options
    I wear Brooks and they are the only shoes I have found that I like for running. I know they have a website so that might be some place to look into. Do you run inside or out? If you run inside I would find out what the return policy is if you don't wear them outside...that way you can try them out a couple times and return them if they are not what you are looking for. Good luck.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Are you sure there aren't any around you?

Double check here (if you already haven't): http://runnersworld.com/store/search/1,7978,s6-240-417-0-0,00.html
  • disneyfetishboy
    disneyfetishboy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Consider not wearing shoes at all!! Lots of threads on barefoot running on this forum already . . . so I'll leave it at that.

Posted by someone who had horrible planar fasciatis and is running more pain-free than ever.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies...checked out the site, nearest running store about 35 miles away (where I know how to get there) so I will be checking it out, maybe Thurs...thanks again!!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    got a pair of running shoes.....was stuck between the brooks glycerine and asics gel.....the asics gel felt a little firmer so that's what I got....going to wear them around the house for a couple days just to make sure....hope I made the right decision.....
  • disneyfetishboy
    disneyfetishboy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is that you remain injury free so you can keep running! Good luck.