School Research Buddies

Options
Dear Friends, Family, Enemies, and random folks.

I am conducting some market research for a project I am working on for school. Can you please take 2-5 minutes and take this SIMPLE survey for me?

It is only 10 questions and wont take long at all. I am trying to get AT LEAST 100 people minimum to respond.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8TRY2H2

Please, Please, Please

Thanks!
Dan

Replies

• cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I tried but it didnt work. Have you got the correct details

Internet messager reads - No results found for https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8TRY2H2.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The link worked for me, but as there are no tick boxes next to "other" I can't actually submit it.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get it to work. It wouldn't submit.
  • Insomniak2
    Options
    It should work fine, there doesn't need to be a tickbox. I am getting responses.
  • Insomniak2
    Options
    Thanks for trying
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If I want to choose "other" and type a response when I try to submit it says

!This question requires an answer
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I am a college professor who teaches research methods, among other things.

Tell your professor it is an ethical violation that can get your school to have all their federal and other grant funding cut to collect survey data that has not been vetted by an Institutional Review Board for the ethical treatment of human research participants. You need to have it reviewed and put in a statement at the beginning stating the goal of the research, who is conducting it, who is supervising it (your professor), the institution, contact information, and the supervising IRB.

For assignments it doesn't necessarily have to go through full review (in an anonymous survey like this you could be exempt) but you still have to follow the rules. However, it has to be submitted to your school's IRB and they have to say it is exempt.

And there are problems with your survey options. For example, you can't say you don't have a problem. Plus all the other things people have mentioned.