Psyllium Husk

Options
Hi,

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me by letting me look @ their food diary.

a friend of mine has told me that by adding Natural Psyllium Husk to your food it helps fill you up.
so I going to try that.

as anyone tried this?

Thank you, Ian

Replies

• JakiDee
    JakiDee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just tried it yesterday and it does make you feel full.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Isn't this just a source of insoluble highly hygroscopic fiber? You should take extra care to drink enough water in that case or you could end up with constipation or even an obstruction. Otherwise, fiber is generally good for you and most people could do with more.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You do know this stuff is a laxative right?? http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-56088/psyllium-husk-fibre-oral/details.
  • avr5097
    avr5097 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I take psyllium husk everyday. For me it helps keep me regular - I do not get the runs or that "OH NO!" feeling that rushes me to the bathroom that laxatives can cause.
    I found I have trouble getting my fiber goal in each day and that when I don't take the pills I don't go as often as "normal". I do however drink close to 64 oz of water at work each day and then a glass or two at night when I get home. Personally, I've never had an issue with it and I do think it can help keep you full. But don't just take it with no food; I have 3 pills in the morning (regular dose via the container directions) and take it about 30 minutes before breakfast. Then I eat a small breakfast meal and am good to go! :wink: If you know what I mean!