Excess skin

Options
I notice some excess skin in my arms and I'm wondering if there's something I can do about it now to help skin elasticity.

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Hi there...
    I too have excess skin. Not so much on my arms but around my core and under my butt cheeks lol! I know this is a result of losing a bunch of weight in a short amount of time. There really isn't much you can do to get rid of it quickly. Eventually it will bounce back but until then I would recommend using a loofah in the shower to scrub the loose skin areas, this will help with elasticity. Also... and this may sound really strange but... if you rub preparation H on the area before you go to bed at night that helps. It has a drying effect which will restore some elasticity. Other than that it is just a waiting game...
  • emmlou
    emmlou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    if u dont mind me askin what is preperation h ?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Hemorrhoid cream........ :smile:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Hemorrhoid cream........ :smile:

Haha I've heard it's good as a temporary lift for wrinkles too......but I'm not going in and buying it :/
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    OP exfoliate and moisturise and hope for the best....if you've got a big deficit maybe slow it down so your skin can keep up :)
  • safetyqueen25
    safetyqueen25 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with loose skin too, so just jumping in here, thank you for the tips :)
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Good ideas. I read Prep H is good for puffy eyes too.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My dermatologist recommended vitamin C supplementation, since it's used by the body in collagen production.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    One of my main concerns about me losing so much weight (I need to lose 125lbs+) is that I'm going to be left with a ton of excess skin so I've made sure to bookmark this for all your lovely tips! :P Haha thanks for posting the topic
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I harvest and make horsetail tea. I know that does not sound appetizing, but it works. It is a wild herb, a plant that is not illegal. I use it for the minerals, the nutrition of it, but after just a day or two, I noticed how the texture of my skin changes. It is like the skin itself is tighter, and smooth, like silk, and soft. My 7yo son is always cuddling up on my arms, and when I drink the tea for a few days, he says my skin is sooo soft. It also seems to have helped with tooth pain, and my teeth seem stronger and more glossy, like enamel, shiny. I drink it for a week or so, and then stop as the minerals can interfere with the absorption of other vitamins. I do not take it in any other form- just make a tea and drink 2oz or less in the morning and night, or whenever I open the fridge. It keeps for 3 days or so. It tastes like grass... not so bad. people say it helps heal scars, so I think in general it must be good for the skin, bones and connective tissue. The other advice I have is juicing tons of green leafy vegetables and the whole lot. I do that sometimes, but it is a big production- and expensive buying organics. Annnd Kombucha tea has been very good for my skin, digestion, energy levels and keeping away from colds etc. I wish you the best.
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes this is a problem. I have it under my chin, chin waddle I call it. Face taking a crease and wrinkle factor from this. I use a highly absorb able supplement that supports collagen. I use Arbone, it may be an idea to look at the ingredients.

I have tried collagen but I do not think it was quality enough or absorbable enough. Joining the company, it is world wide, can give 20-35% off.

I agree that exfoliation helps, as does a non alcohol based toner, alcohol makes my skin shrivel up. I have heard that facials help too, so just do it on the body parts.
  • BeckyBarnes14
    Options
    I do the following (and so far, so good..just a little flab) :

1. Dry brush a few x a week with a natural bristle brush. You can youtube techniques.
    2. Bathe in lukewarm water with any kind of Vitamin E infused bath additive.
    3. Apply Vitamin E oil and/or Palmer's Shea Butter moisturizer.
    4. Drink TONS of water.
    5. Eat skin-friendly foods (salmon, avocado, eggs, etc). You can find a complete list online.
    6. STRENGTH TRAIN!! Fill up some of that skin with well-defined (and calorie burning!) muscle!
    7. Lose slowly.
    8. LOVE YOURSELF. Nobody's perfect. Love the skin you're in and be happy that you are staving off horrible health issues like diabetes and heart disease.

P.S. I'm down 94 pounds since April 2013, but I still have about 60 lbs to lose to hit my goal.
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the horsetail tips, I know that it is high in silca
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more of these lovely tips <3
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Replying so I can make a shopping list later :)
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do the following (and so far, so good..just a little flab) :

1. Dry brush a few x a week with a natural bristle brush. You can youtube techniques.
    2. Bathe in lukewarm water with any kind of Vitamin E infused bath additive.
    3. Apply Vitamin E oil and/or Palmer's Shea Butter moisturizer.
    4. Drink TONS of water.
    5. Eat skin-friendly foods (salmon, avocado, eggs, etc). You can find a complete list online.
    6. STRENGTH TRAIN!! Fill up some of that skin with well-defined (and calorie burning!) muscle!
    7. Lose slowly.
    8. LOVE YOURSELF. Nobody's perfect. Love the skin you're in and be happy that you are staving off horrible health issues like diabetes and heart disease.

P.S. I'm down 94 pounds since April 2013, but I still have about 60 lbs to lose to hit my goal.

All great advice i also have good results from using a scrubby thing and sugar scrub. :happy: