Questions, Questions, Questions

JDMPWR
JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Since starting this diet I have lost 14-16lbs but I feel tired a lot and have to take a nap mid day. I am eating all my calories plus my exercise calories as well. I dont get much sleep a night due to school and work(5-7 hours a night.)

Wondering if I should raise my calories up or leave them where they are at? I notice my body getting thinner but my gut hasnt budged a cm.

Also why doesnt the Iphone app take into account calories burned while weight training? I am starting to weight train today as to avoid muscle loss but just don't feel very energized.

Any help guys?

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    For weight training, make sure you are adding it as a cardio exercise and not just adding the exercises under strength.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I would not add more calories, unless you change your goal weight loss from 2 pounds/week to 1.5/week this will give you additional cals.

Weight training will show cals burned but you have to enter "strength training" under the cardio section.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    So i take it the wise thing is to do my cardio. log my calories burned then start my HRM over again when I start my weight training workout?

Anyone have any clue on my fatigue? Yesterday I took my first break in two weeks. Weight didnt change but I took the break to "refuel" mentally and was hoping physically but I dont feel any different today then I did yesterday.

Also does anyone try to keep 1gram of protein per 1lb of body weight on here? I was afraid doing less would help inhibit muscle loss but was only taking in like 120-160grams of protein a day.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Depending on your workout, you might not be eating enough.

I had been ran down for a few weeks and hungry all the time. I had my calories set to 2 lbs per week, not to mention I was still going over about 200 calories a day. So I raised my calories to maintenance and I'm actually starting to lose weight again. (Go figure)
This discussion has been closed.