Oh God, someone brought donuts to work, HELP!!!

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That's funny, donuts were brought into my work too. From two different places, too! I just ate one donut. It was da bomb.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Either eat a donut, or don't eat a donut.

Just because they're in front of you, the choice is still ultimately yours whether you put it in your mouth. If you choose to eat it, log it and make your choices for the rest of the day in accordance with meeting your goals.

You can eat a donut once in a while if you want.

This. I don't need to read the rest of the thread now. This is the only right answer.
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Same thing happen to me this morning, plus bagels and chocolate bars. :(
  • Fork2lose
    Fork2lose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, do not walk past "the box', and add cinnamon to your coffee...it'll taste like a treat....or nosh on some of your legal stuff....I know it: isn't easy...good luck
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "Good kind" from tim hortons.

All those donuts are bull****

man the **** up and stop eating bull****

Is this where you wanna be when Jesus comes back....

...typing star words about donuts on the internet? smh
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Homer Simpson likes donuts. What advice would Homer Simpson give to you?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You could use the calories to eat something more filling and with a little more nutritional value. Protein and fiber tend to be more filling than a delicious, sugary doughnut.

But, if you really want a doughnut, I'd say eat the doughnut and work it into your calories. It just really depends on how badly you want it.
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Story of my life!! If you have the calories and want to eat it..>Eat it.....If not don't eat it
  • leaner426
    Options
    Would you go out and buy it? Would you let a co-worker force feed it to you? If not, then why let someone else's choice to bring it in make your decision? It sounds like you already know you will regret it, so are the few minutes of taste worth the sugar crash and the regret later?

Or you can pretend you have celiac disease and just keep telling yourself it's poison.

That being said, I have something sugary just about every day. I work out so I can. Moderation will get you long term results, deprivation will most likely result in failure.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

you are freaking hilarious...
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

you are freaking hilarious...

233398_o.gif
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Have half. That's ususally what I do when people bring in treats. At least then you can go to the gym later and work it off :)

^^^ This - and anyway, when it's broken in half all the calories escape and run away :bigsmile:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "Good kind" from tim hortons.

All those donuts are bull****

You haven't had Dunkin Donuts then...
    Timmy's are AWESOME
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    This thread really is an amazing social commentary on how completely messed up some people are when it comes to food.
    You don't need them to feel good about yourself.
    Just ignore them. You will be proud of yourself later. Go get you some coffee or something...no sugar though!
    Think of how much better you will feel if you DON'T eat that donut!
    You will have to work for that donut. Is that what you want today?
    or nosh on some of your legal stuff

867690.gif
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    If you really want one and it fits your macros (or move your *kitten* a little more later if it doesn't) eat the friggin donut, log it, and fuggedaboutit!
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons donuts are so much harder to turn down than any other kind... I feel your pain!
  • vcutway
    Options
    You dont want one because its not worth it! Two hours from now you wont be thinking about how good it tasted, youll be thinking about how much you regret eating it! Not worth the calories!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I love donuts. Sigh. And I can make them fit in my calories for the day. BUT I will then crave sugary stuff the rest of the day without fail so I often just say no. I am planning to eat one from the Mennonite bakery this weekend though and sugar craving be-damned!
  • ElipticalReality
    Options
    So what did you do?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to walk myself over to Shipley's and get myself a donut now... because no one brought any in today and all this talk is making me want one.