I have a LONG way to go!

Options
I am down five pounds, which means I have 45 more to go. It just seems so incredibly far away! I know that the next 5-8 months will pass will whether or not at work at losing weight, so I just keep telling myself to keep going and focus on my daily goals, but sometimes it seems like I will never reach my ideal weight! How did you guys keep going without getting discouraged? By the way, I really admire all of you who have reached your goals or are diligently working towards them! Way to go!

Replies

• bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself things like, "if you would have stuck with this a year ago, you'd be at your goal weight by now." which encourages me to stick with it.
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Options
    I've been working on this for 45 days now and have lost just over 8 pounds. It's slow going and that's ok. I don't feel like i'm on a diet, I enjoyed a 900 Calorie burrito yesterday (take a look at my diary if you don't believe me!) and got in a great sweaty workout at my gym. Try to enjoy your journey to your healthier self, than maybe it won't feel so daunting. Everyday gets easier as your food choices improve and your cravings go away.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    What's the alternative? Giving up? No thanks, I've put in too much time and effort in the last four years to do that.

Sometimes it helps to shift your goals. While I do try to stay within my calories, I focus more on making sure I workout consistently and get good burns in every day. I love to eat so I have to earn the extra calories to allow for my appetite and to allow for the indulgences I enjoy. So maybe put more effort into your workouts for a while - think about training for a 5k or try a new workout program or just make sure you get in so many days per week.

Or if you're not an exercise person, make eating more interesting - try new recipes, new foods or methods of cooking. Plan out your meals in advance so there's no last minute guessing.
  • johnny7625
    Options
    you and most of the people on here including me will get there too don't think how long it will take to get there just focus on your goal and what do you want to be in a few months from now I'm sorry for my english :)
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I try not to set my sights on "I need to lose 50 more pounds" or it seems like such a high mountain to climb. I am breaking it up into smaller numbers. Such as 10 lb goals. At each goal I'm going to give myself a little something...new work out shirt, a manicure, etc. I just have to do it this way or I feel overwhelmed.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i have a long way to go as well. i've lost 65 in 6 months and have 60 left to get to the goal i've set for myself. these last two months the weight loss has slowed down to "what's basically expected" rates. i still keep on pushin but im tellin you it does get frustrating as the weight seems to drop much much slower now. but just keep going one day at a time. i've changed my entire lifestly so either way i'm so much better off now.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I like to think in 5lb increments. So I have 5lbs to lose. I have been on this journey for so long and have had lots of ups and downs but I feel new determination and I am taking it slow. I find mini goals help. Right now it's junk food, I am eliminating it from my vocabulary. I am not going to beat myself up anymore when I slip. I think if I can go 30 days without candy and chips I will be able to make all the other necessary changes more easily. one thing at a time in a time frame I find comfortable. I have replaced m&ms with these granola yogurt bites that are sweet and yummy and not as bad for me. My ultimate goal is to follow the primal blueprint which let me tell you really opened my eyes. All things in baby steps.