Some Days are harder then most!!!!

nhendri
nhendri Posts: 236 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Today I woke up and exercised not the way I planned but I didnt sleep in like I wanted to. Well then I weigh myself to see the scale has gone up (181.4 tp 181.8). Not a huge increase but daunting all the same. I logg onto mfp and saw a post that helped me feel better. Maybe im retaining water or something silly no reason to fuss right. Well Im not sure if the is the reason today seems soo hard. I feel hungrier then usualy and watching my coworkers walk past with their vending machine food is hard. Normaly its not a problem but I am realy noticing it today. So I text my support (my sis) she says the same thing its probly water weight and to calm down take some deep breaths. So I ask her to do 30ds with me if I come home for lunch. I think its hard cuz last week I took a pic and it realy affected me!!! I have been working even harder since to keep under my calories and working out a 2nd time almost everyday. Its soo hard to see a number go up. I have taken my measurments and did not check them this morning because of time but now I am nervous to look at them. What if they increased to. I totaly need to vent!! I dont plan on stopping cuz I know I can do this and that it will take time but some days are harder then most!!!!!! Any feed back or kick butt comments are appreciated :smile:

Replies

• I know how you feel ! Seeing your weight go up after trying hard is the worse feeling ever but there are so many factors that can affect your weight on the scale, so relax and focus on feeling better about yourself.

Days like this are a test on your will and how much you really want to make this change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just remember that a day only has 24 hours and tomorrow you can start fresh.
    KEEP WORKING HARD!!

:)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    We all have hard days. Change up your exercise, stay within your calories, and move on! You're gonna be fine! Just keep up the good work!
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    If you are exercising more you may be building more muscle. I know that doesn't help on a day like this but I have felt the same at other times. Don't get yourself down. Do the best you can for today and remember tomorrow is another day. It isn't always about the number on the scale. You also could be falling into a plateau. Change up your routine, work harder and faster with an interval or take a day off, depending on what you are already doing. Know that you are great and are doing a great job!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    some days are just like that - i noticed on your signature where you started and where you are. Look how far you have come! We all have rough days, sometimes even weeks. You can do this! I have put on a few lbs from my initial loss, but I have lost inches. So don't be afraid to measure yourself, you might have a nice surprise! good luck and keep up the hard work
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    I hear ya! Stick with it and try to keep a positive attitude! just remember that it's not the number on the scale that counts but, rather, what you're doing to make yourself healthy and better! Exercising! Eating healthy! Being active! ALL GREAT FOR YOU! Tomorrow is a new day and I will guarantee it's easier than today! Hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    We DO all have these days! Drink extra water - makes you feel fuller!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    I know the scale can suck, and no matter what you tell yourself (and even if you KNOW it's true) about justifications for small weight gain and fluctuation, it's still discouraging. It led to a few "bad days" for me too, especially since I'm prone to emotional eating.
    My suggestion, is to weigh yourself less. Much less. I know to some people the idea of not weighing everyday or at least every few days or week is unfathomable, it really helps me to remember the REAL reason I'm doing this (my overall health and to feel better, not jsut the number on the scale).
    I've switched to weighing in once a month, taking measurements twice a month. This way I get an overall feel for my progress without small changes in my water intake, workout routine, sleep, and menstration causing fluctuations that have nothing to do with my body fat and end up making me tear my hair out. This is my first month of doign this and it's definitely been hard (I was eyeing the scale sooooo bad last night). But I knew if I weighed in jsut then, after a full day of eating and drinking water, plus a workout, who knows what my weight would be.
This discussion has been closed.