Being Healthier Has Already Made Me Smile More!!

Options
I have honestly only been a part of MFP for 6 days i think. HOWEVER, i started following the charts the second i signed up. I know it hassnt been long enough for me to see a huge difference or anything yet, but something happened the other day that made me smile and i wanted to share it with you all.
I used to be the definition of an unhealthy eater. I swear i would inhale 8 to 12 cans of regular sodas a day. Along with not caring about junk food or carb.s or exercising. . . I knew i was having some problems with my blood pressure, and at 19years old that is not really something i should be dealing with. So when i signed up for MFP i made sure to adjust the settings to watch my cholesterol and my sodium intake. I immediately cut out all regular sodas. went STRAIGHT to diet, and then gradually down to just 2 or 3 cans of that a day (baby steps here. . .).
ANYWAY, so the other day i was at the computer and my dog had been sleeping on my feet. My feet had fallen asleep so i moved her and set them up on a chair (she weights 86lbs. . . she isnt the easiest thing to just move) and when i put my feet up i had to do a double take.
For maybe the past few years of my life my ankles were always swollen from BP and sodium and water retention and all that stuff. But the other day, they WEREN'T!! as soon as i looked at them i just had this huge smile on my face. i was trying to explain to my friend why this made me so happy but I'm sure i sounded crazy. i no longer have puffy ankles or hands!! after just a few days of no soda!! So NOW, i am even thinking about getting rid of the diet soda because of the sodium levels. Its amazing to me that all this time i was procrastinating "getting healthy" when i come to find out how EASY it is!! I am truly excited and more motivated now. I can not wait for a month to go by and see the difference in myself!! :-D

Replies

• MakeLifeBright
    Options
    That is awesome. Some times it is the "small" things that can be a great success to us.
    I am happy for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • monicamt1117
    Options
    things like that are the best motivation!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! Just wait until you have MORE discoveries about healthy living...Especially as you continue to reduce your sodium intake. I truly wish I had My revelations when I was your age or even Twice Your age! Just Wonderful!
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! and yes sometimes it is the little things that make us happy. But me as a nurse, knows, what to much sodium can do to you. Once you cut out the diet soda and stick to water and some green tea, you will notice a bigger difference. Keep up the great work and you will see sooooooooooo many changes. You think you smile now, wait until you lose enough weight to see a difference and watch how much you smile then.........I know believe me. Good Job!!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for almost 4 weeks now, and I've noticed how much better I feel! I sleep better (without sleep aids I might add :noway: ), I poop less and better (TMI I know :laugh: ) and I have a LOT more energy! :bigsmile: Only 8 lbs have come off so far, but just the improvement in how I feel makes a big difference. I don't dread getting on the scale or going for a walk anymore!
  • GliderGirl
    Options
    Thankyou ALL of you. it feels good that i can share this with someone with out being embarrassed about it =]

Teresa, the green tea thing, i haven't checked but do you know anything about the sodium in REGULAR tea? I am a southern girl and i grew up of that thick sweet tea. . . i miss it!! if i could allow myself ONE "bad" thing it would be that. lol.