Losing Body Fat/Toning

Options
I've been using MFP since June and have lost almost 20lbs now (though most of that is recent as I kinda of stopped using the app for a while). I have FINALLY broken the 160 mark and I am now 6 lbs away from my goal weight of 150 but I am still not happy. I am wanting to lose body fat now and really tighten and tone but I don't know if there are specific diets I should follow, foods I should eat/avoid, exercises to do, etc. I am planning on doing BodyBeast (home workout program by BeachBody that is weight focused) plus running/swimming. Any suggestions would be great. I think my body fat right now is at a horrendous 28% and I'd like to get it down as quickly as possible! Thanks :)

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    New Rules for Lifting
    Stronglifts
    5x5

When you eat in a deficit and lose weight, you lose water, fat, and muscle. What lifting does is fight against losing that muscle mass. Maintaining that muscle mass in your deficit though lifting fights to maintain that muscle mass so when you lose it's more water and fat than muscle. This is where "tone" comes from. Maintaining muscle mass while you lose the fat that covers it.
  • Hlschrock1212
    Hlschrock1212 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you, I do Les mills weight driven class twice a week and yoga twice a week to help develop my muscle toning side of my body weight loss regimen! Light weights and more reps! Interval for 60 minutes! Nice advice!
  • Hlschrock1212
    Hlschrock1212 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Embrace light weights and more reps! You will not regret it! Go for it!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I wish my bf% was a horrendous 28% lol Lift heavy. It's so good for the body.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I know that Body For Life worked well for me. The numbers didn't budge a whole lot... but i saw lots of changes in my body.
    The basic system works like this:

3 days a week cardio (20 minutes)
    3 days a week weights ( pyramiding system - 12,10,8,6,12/12 reps, increasing weight as reps decrease and alternating upper body/lower body on diff days)

Diet a carb and a protein with each meal.

http://bodyforlife.com
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Embrace light weights and more reps! You will not regret it! Go for it!

Why? Muscle endurance?