Running bra for bigger bust?

Options
I currently have a Freya Active sports bra but it's nude colored and boring and sucks for running :/ I have a small rub cage (29.5 inches) and larger bust (36.5 inches), this means it's very difficult for me to find something in my size (and impossible in the little city I live in).

I have been looking at the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run Bra but am unsure about the sizing. Has anyone bought this bra? I have a few 30 bands, but mostly I usually wear 32. The reviews say to order a band size up but I'm scared a 34 might be too lose for running, but then again many reviews say the band is significantly smaller :/

Any experience with this bra girls? Or recommendations for other good running bras? :)

Replies

• RNsusieQ
    RNsusieQ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort has awesome sports bras for larger bust. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Juno because it has an adjustable back & shoulder straps. It is my go to for running, absolutely no movement & no pain. They are also sized like regular bras with a number & cup for better fit. They can be pricy but last a long time.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Juno/350025,default,pd.html
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Panache sports bra. Great. I loved mine, but it was 65 dollars and I am unwilling to shell out another 65 for the smaller size I now wear.
  • Justwatchmerun
    Justwatchmerun Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The shock absorber's the only sports bra that's ever really worked for me! And I still tend to wear another sports bra underneath it haha. I didn't get a size up if that helps :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Freya Active sports bra but it's nude colored and boring and sucks for running :/ I have a small rub cage (29.5 inches) and larger bust (36.5 inches), this means it's very difficult for me to find something in my size (and impossible in the little city I live in).

I have been looking at the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run Bra but am unsure about the sizing. Has anyone bought this bra? I have a few 30 bands, but mostly I usually wear 32. The reviews say to order a band size up but I'm scared a 34 might be too lose for running, but then again many reviews say the band is significantly smaller :/

Any experience with this bra girls? Or recommendations for other good running bras? :)

Buy the shock absorber. Best sports bra out there. I have one and wear a 38DD. Buy a 32 band. Worst thing that could happen is you need to return it.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    shock absorber all the way!!!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I always wear 2 bras when I run, 1 doesn't cut it.
  • HungerHurts
    Options
    I always wear 2 bras when I run, 1 doesn't cut it.

This is my solution as well
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your cup size is bigger than a DDD, but victoria secret carries AMAZING sports bras. I never wear anything else when workout esp run anymore!!! try the heavier duty ones.. ( you'll see what i'm talking about)
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    The smallest VS sports bra that I could find was a 32 band (in stores). I did buy one but I am on the cusp of a 30 band. It is pretty nice, but I think the Panache was better. VS bra was cheaper though. Not sure if OP can find one in her size. If I get a smaller band size I won't be able to buy at VS stores anymore.
    I don't know if your cup size is bigger than a DDD, but victoria secret carries AMAZING sports bras. I never wear anything else when workout esp run anymore!!! try the heavier duty ones.. ( you'll see what i'm talking about)
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I use duct tape!
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yes! I use the Shock Absorber bra and LOVE it. I also have a similar problem with narrow ribcage (31") and a large bust (38"). I bought the same size I wear in regular bra, 34 DD, and it fits great. I wear it constantly and it really holds up. I just bought another one in a size 32 E (sometimes I wear that bra size) and it also fits great.

They sell knockoffs of this bra on Ebay, I have bought them in the same size as original Shock Absorber and they are just as supportive and hold up just as well. At this point I can't tell them apart. And they are about half the price!
  • RNsusieQ
    RNsusieQ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For those who need to wear two: invest the $$$ in a high quality sports bra, you won't be disappointed! I used to wear two until I bought a Moving Comfort & I'm a Dcup. It will be worth it! If you go to a running store, they can fit you so you get the right size.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    They have special bras for this issue? I usually just double up on bras
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    OP's issue is less about the boobs (seriously there are now a 5011 sports bras that cater to tig ole bitty's) OPs main issue is the small ribcage. unfortunately there are far less bras for this, i know because this is an issue i'm going to soon be running into as oi lose weight.

OP these panache ones are fab!
    http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Bra/dp/B005X5FG2O
    they even go as low as 28! The colors are cool and they have matching briefs. i personally have 2 and they are my favorite. I have the red white and blue (so i can feel like wonder woman) and the grey versions. there's also an option to make it into a racer back which i really think improves the bounce.

i dont have that particular shock absorber (i might have to try it) but i do have the extreme support style which is also very good

For those who need to wear two: invest the $$$ in a high quality sports bra, you won't be disappointed! I used to wear two until I bought a Moving Comfort & I'm a Dcup. It will be worth it! If you go to a running store, they can fit you so you get the right size.
    not to be rude but a D cup is not the same as H, HH, K or more cup (or even the OP's F/G cup). there have always been sports bras for D cups, at least for as long as I've been buying sports bras (which is about 24 years) so it's pretty easy to say just go to a running store and they'll hook you up with a bra you can wear. trust me, being well over a D cup becomes even more of an issue if you combine that with a ribcage that's smaller than a 34. your choices shrink to around 3.

ETA: definitely go with your band size and not higher. take it from my experience, combining heavy breasts + too large band will increase the amount of friction on your skin because the bra WILL move as you move which can very easily cause broken skin
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    2 bras
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    glad i read this post. I have a small rib cage and large breast and have been wondering what type of sport bra would be best. There are several options mentioned that i will be looking into. TY OP for posting and TY MFPers for responding.
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    COOBIES! Look up Coobies.com! I LOVE mine!!!!!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Panache sports bra. Great. I loved mine, but it was 65 dollars and I am unwilling to shell out another 65 for the smaller size I now wear.

Look on Ebay! I have to wear very supportive bras which always cost a fortune. As I start to downsize, I am finding some of my favorites on here for a lot less than department stores and online specialty stores! If you HAVE to have a specific bra/style, you may find it here for less.
  • crsawinton
    crsawinton Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    glad I found this thread, I have a 31 rib measurement and a 39 bust, I'm trying to find something that will contain the girls.
  • fitandGLAM
    Options
    I wear 34DD and for years playing basketball always doubled up. I bought a Champion sports bra and it's awesome. It was pricey if I remember correctly(well worth it though) I love VS bras and bathing suits but have yet to try their sports bras. Definitely interested now.