Eat to live not live to eat

Options
I love that saying. Every time I get a craving I tell myself "eat to live not live to eat" and I realize that food should not be the most important thing in my life. I joined MFP a week ago and am loving the structure. I am excited to have a good support group during this journey! (feel free to friend me- I can use all the support I can get)

Replies

• yrluck
    Options
    My favorite saying also!.... notice my signature :)
  • seeshell33
    seeshell33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So true! I tell myselft that also. Good luck on your new journey!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    welcome kaltgelt, how is the river.........love to shoot the rapids, lol

Hang in there, stay positive, you will suceed
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    welcome kaltgelt, how is the river.........love to shoot the rapids, lol

Hang in there, stay positive, you will suceed
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love that too but I also came up with my own

Food is a fuel not a hobby!!
    Your body is a wonderfully made machine
    As with any machine you must make pit stops through out the day to keep going. Its wisest to fill up on the best fuel and not the cheap stuff.
    As with any machine if you choose cheap its going to clog your engine and cause internal problems

Cows graze!! We are not cows but beautiful women:-)
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this all the time. I am very OCD and part of my problem is that I eat compulsively. I don't want to eat, but it's like I'm possessed by this food crazed person and I always feel horrible after it's over.
    I know that all sounds pretty crazy. But the logging of the food I eat has helped to a degree.
    Someday I hope to have total control over my eating and I will no longer live to eat.
  • JAM810
    Options
    "I eat to live, not live to eat" has been my motto for many, many years. I've always been a health and weight conscience person. Good luck to everyone!:smile: