Need clothing tips!

Options
Any suggestion for making clothes that are now too big look like they fit? I need to lose weight, but need to stretch my wardrobe so I don't waste money i don't really have! It's approaching fall weather and I need my pants to look like I don't have a diaper butt!! I'm belting dresses so they fit better, but pants are tough without going to the tailor to re-make the pants!

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! When I was losing, I wore what I had even if it meant a saggy butt. Just think of all the things you can buy when you are done. You should be able to find some clearance capris if you can wear those to work- and you can wear those right into Nov (depending where you live)
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    This may not be helpful, but I alter my own clothes. If you can't do that, do you have a friend who can and you could trade her/him in another kindness? People who own sewing machines and can sew often get abused by friends who take advantage of their skills, but if you can trade something...something they want :bigsmile: , you are in business! And...altering can be time consuming, so make sure it is a fair trade for them. I know to alter them may only cost $15 each piece, but if they do help you out and wont accept a trade, a kind gift of a decent value is another option. Good luck!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Go to good will or second hand stores and see if you can trade in your old ones for store credit. We have some of those around here and it works out really well.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Go to the Salvation Army or similar thrift store and buy used clothes while you are in between sizes. Maybe you can take your old, bigger clothes to a consignment shop and try to make some money on them. That's what I do!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I find the easiest thing is to wear leggings and tunic sweaters all winter long. That way the fit isn't so important. I buy Hue leggings, but if you are really on a budget, I'm sure that target sells some.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've recently revived about half the shirts I used to wear to work with a magical belt! It's a thicker leather belt that I wear at the thinnest part of my waist, over a baggy shirt. It pulls the shirt in to show off your smaller waist. I got an awesome reversible leather belt from Kohls. It's black on one side and brown on the other. It seriously goes with everything! For pants, I've had to buy new ones once they got too big. I HATE how baggy pants look, but Old Navy has had some great sales lately. I've gotten khaki and brown work pants for $20 from there.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I agree with the leggings, they are a cheap buy at tons of places, come in a variety of colors, and you can take old sweaters, tunics, cardigans etc and belt them over the leggings for a more fitted look. Since they are stretch they are less size specific than other things like denim and you can get good use out of them as you transition to smaller sizes. I would also look around on the forums here and search for clothing swaps. I know last week I saw somebody post about wanting to start a clothing swap with other MFP users so everyone could make use of the sizes they no longer need. I never followed up to see if it got organized, but I think if a couple people put it together lots of users would participate, there are so many people having the same problem right now!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    2 words to solve your problems "new ones"
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    This thread may help you out a little bit :flowerforyou: It's a website designed for swapping clothes with other MFP members :heart:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117948-mfp-clothing-exchange?hl=clothing#posts-1608728