Cell Phone Confrontations

Options
2»

Replies

• Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options

LOL........brilliant. I think I might give this a try next time.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    At the GROCERY STORE....god forbid you WAIT to have a conversation about who's cheating on who, or about your kid pooping himself or the random items you are finding on sale why taking up the whole aisle.

cell-etiquette.jpg

Well said.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    lol at the resting face...OMG..

I had a boss once, when we had people using them in line at the bank....and the teller didn't know what to do - the guy was loud and rude, and got angry for the teller not knowing what he wanted....so, the boss asked him to kindly step aside until he was "ready." He did that to another person, calling the customer up behind them by name, and the person on the cell got angry, and he said something to the effect of I didn't want to be rude, and interrupt your phone call.

We do this at my job. It's a call center for a hospital, and if the person calls us and is talking on a cell phone to someone else or asks us to hold on, we either hang up or tell them to call back later. Freaking rude.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,151 Member
    Options
    sometimes I miss that boss, with the Southern Hospitality in the way he did some things...especially when he said "bless her heart."
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was a bank teller in the drive-ups for awhile and when people would come through my lanes on their cell phones I would try to talk to them as much as possible lol.

"Hi how are you today? Great weather today! Can I confirm this account number with you please? And this is for cash, correct? And how would you like that cash back, 50's? 100's? Smaller bills? Okay great, you have a great day. Thank you!!"

Just to be a pain :wink:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I have been on the phone and been stared at my answer "Don't sweat it, we are not talking about you" or "It's not for you but thanks for your concern." Now keep in mind my phone goes off in any theater setting including high school plays, musicals and choral concerts. Life can hold for a bit. In general public psh....
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was a bank teller in the drive-ups for awhile and when people would come through my lanes on their cell phones I would try to talk to them as much as possible lol.

"Hi how are you today? Great weather today! Can I confirm this account number with you please? And this is for cash, correct? And how would you like that cash back, 50's? 100's? Smaller bills? Okay great, you have a great day. Thank you!!"

Just to be a pain :wink:

I love this!! LOL!

I hate gabbing drivers and mock them all the time. Most times they don't see though because they aren't paying much attention. I'll hit the horn sometimes too. But that's not really a confrontation. Rude, inconsiderate people are everywhere though unfortunately. They should take their "important" calls somewhere more private.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Used to be able to tell the nut cases. They were talking to themselves as they walked down the street. I avoided them. Now, it seems, every body has a bluetooth or their cell phone in their ear.

Kind of sad, actually. A person is not able to enjoy life without sharing a selfie with the world? Nobody gives a shlt about your new sunglasses. Hang up and do something unplugged.