Zumba!!! My new love!!!

Options
I have found some amazing butt kicking Zumba videos on Youtube. Does anyone know how many calories you burn while doing Zumba? Any ideas?!!

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! My sister & I go to a class every thursday night. I heard you burn anywhere from 800-1000 calories per hour. If ya really get into it, I can see how it'd be true! We are usually drenched w/ sweat after class.
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    I have no clue but I would LOVE to do Zumba! It looks like so much fun!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    If you put Zumba in as an entry on your fitness diary, it'll show up and tell you how many calories for how ever long you do it.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    everyone burns calories differently and MFP is just an estimate. It's best to wear a HRM but get the one with the chest strap
  • Saraj8n
    Options
    My gym has Zumba and a bunch of other classes. They have a poster that says about how many calories each burns. I think Zumba was around 300-400 for a class. Try spinning (cycling)...it burns a lot of calories. Usually 500-600 in 1 hour! It is addicting and I love it! Also try Body Pump. Total body toning class. Also burns around 500 cal. in 1 hour. Good luck!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try Zumba. I don't know how many calories but I hear it's a great workout.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    On a really good night, I can burn 1000 calories in an hour of Zumba class (according to my HRM).

On average though, it's closer to 800.

Zumba is amazingly fun and an awesome workout. I go at least three nights a week.
  • kwelborn2873
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba! It is great total body workout. I log it in under Aerobic Dancing and it says over 800 calories for an hour .
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    share the youtube link please:flowerforyou:
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I THOUGHT THAT I SAW ON THIS SITE THAT WII WAS COMMING OUT WITH ZUMBA IN NOVEMBER
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am 5"6' and i weigh 202lbs.... and I burn approx 650 cals in an hour according to my HRM