When is your "official" weigh in day?

Options
I have to admit, I'm one of those who weighs myself every day on the Wii since it helps keep me on track. However, I "officially" weigh in and record my weight here roughly once a week due to daily fluctuations. I haven't set an actual weigh in day (I only record my weight on here randomly when I feel in the mood) and I'm wondering when people here typically weigh in and how frequently. I'm more consistent with my calorie and water consumption during the week days so I'm thinking maybe a Wednesday would be a good idea to record my weight.

What day of the week do you usually weigh in and how frequently do you weigh yourself? Have you found any pros/cons to weighing yourself more frequently than once a week?

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't think the day really matters. its what time of day. I can weight up to 5lbs more in the middle of the day, than I do first think in the morning, before I eat anything, or drink water. Water has some weight to it. So just make sure when you do weigh yourself, do it at the same time.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on tuesdays, but that's only because I started on a tuesday.
    I generally don't step on the scale more then that because I could easily become someone who weighs in 5 times a day. Since what the scale says affects my moods - up a pound = cranky, down a pound = happy, I decided its better to only do it once a week. That's just me though.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I find it best to weigh in when I'm feeling positive, so that's not necessarily every week! However mostly I weigh on a Saturday morning, as I go straight to body pump and work hard, and then I feel like I have plenty of time to fit in exercise over the rest of the weekend!
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi, i'm the same as you......i tend to weigh myself every morning but i decided to try and record my weight every wednesday. it's my "weigh in wednesday!" just so i can see which weeks i lose and when i don't....might be able to see a pattern in what i eat.
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    End of the week for me...Sunday. First thing in the morning for sure.
  • gupton11
    Options
    It's recommended that you weigh-in when you wake up in the morning and you are in a fasted state. I do 24 hour fast twice a week Tuesdays and Thursdays I typically will weigh in on those days towards the end of my fast. I also like to weigh in before I workout at the gym. But it can be discouraging to weigh yourself frequently.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday! This is my second time trying something like this and the first time I was able to lose 15 pounds. From then on I weighed myself everyday in the morning and that way if it started to get back up there I was able to catch it and eat accordingly to maintain my current weight.

For this I will probably try to put my weight in only once a week, probably on Mondays. Weekends are horrible for me, but if I know I have to weigh myself and actually type the number every monday maybe I will be better.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    tuesday morning, first thing!
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do it monday mornings usually.. or else tuesdays
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I had Monday as my weigh in day because I thought that would make me do better on the weekends. It usually led to disappointment because I weigh every day too and would have a lower weight on Friday then the weekend would come and Monday would be higher. Then by Tuesday I'm back to Friday's weight...so to save myself some anguish I weigh on Fridays now. :laugh:
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Gupton, what kind of fast do you do? How does wednesday feel for you with a fast on either side?
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I log my weight on here every Friday night. I found that weighing myself at night helps me get a general idea of how I am doing. I used to weigh myself in the morning but found that I actually weigh more in the morning due to my body keeping water in and such. Its also helps me stay focused for the weekend ahead of me.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a scale! I do however, work in a Dr's office that owns a very pricey one. For the sake of consistency, I weigh myself whenever I'm wearing a particular outfit made out of light materials in the morning after I arrive in the office. (Brown Groucho's and a Gray Blouse, TMI, no?) So therefore my default weigh-in day is always the morning after "laundry night". That could be anyday, and sometimes a week or so go by between weigh-ins. Thus far this system has left me with pleasant suprises, and not obsessing over a scale at home.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the 24-hour fasting too.

I typically weigh myself first thing in the morning after I shower (probably better if I do before the shower, but after works best time-wise).

Amandac, thanks for the advice on monday weigh ins. I think my weight is typically highest on Monday, but since I'm not recording it I haven't really been keeping track, I just notice the day-to-day ups and downs.
  • foxtatum
    Options
    I usually weigh myself on the first and the 15th of each month. I only record it if it is different though.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every now and then, but only record on Fridays, first thing!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I'm not terribly bothered by daily fluctuations and so I've joined several groups with different weigh in days. What I find is that on weigh in day, I'll eat terribly because I have a week to work it off. So to encourage better habits, I've joined the groups. I then compare my weight to the previous week's weight for that day.

Officially my weigh in day is Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday....LOL
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Fitterpam, I like that idea! I would probably be the same way. Looking at my Wii weight history, it seems like I more consistently lose if I weigh in at least every other day than if I only weigh in once a week or less, probably for the same reason you mentioned! If I have a lower weight, I'm excited and want to keep it going down and if it's higher, I know I need to work harder!
  • JulieC73
    Options
    I like first thing Saturday morning for my weigh in. Keeps me motivated over the weekend to eat healthy.
  • freebirdsnsc
    freebirdsnsc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im not going to weigh every day....I cant see results when I do that and that makes me frustrated. I weigh every Sat and I take a peek on Wed. If Ive dropped I will go a head and log it in