How Strict are You??

Options
2»

Replies

• ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth and contains calories, I will log it.

what goes in your mouth that doesn't contain calories??? :noway: :laugh:

ummmmm.......water, yeah that's it! Water :devil: :laugh:
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am similar to most - I log almost everything I eat, as somebody mentioned, if it is a 20-30 cal little piece of something and I have not previously found it in the database, etc, I'll just skip.

I only log gym exercise (or workout dvd, etc), and actually I log cardio only. I read an article here posted by someone a while back that strength training increases your heart rate because of pressure, not same way as cardio. So I log the actual exercises I do (weights and reps), but not the calories (like circuit training from database). I am not sure if it is right or wrong, it's just how I have been doing it. I understand your body burns calories repairing muscle tissue after strength training, but I don't know how many calories or how to estimate that.

When I first started, I was eating all or majority of my calories back... but then it was suggested to me by a trainer at the gym to eat 1,200 cal no matter how much I exercised... I almost had a heart-attack... I thought it was so low... I had a doctor's appointment that week and asked her. She said it was ok!!! She told me once I reach healthy weight, I would need about 1,600 to maintain. So I am still trying to figure this part out... I am not able to eat 1,200, I don;t find it to be enough, I am more comfortable with what MFP give me - 1,500.... If I am hungry, I would eat some of my calories back, but most of the time I do not nowadays... We'll see how this works.

(Again, this is just my personal situation, just sharing :):) I always find it helpful to see what others are doing.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i count every calorie i eat and i count every excerscize calorie burned but when it comes to cleaning and cooking and normal walkin here and there i don't count it unless it's out of the ordinary. 5 days a week i'm in a cubicle barely moving for 9 hours but on the weekends i spend about 4 hours up and around my kitchen cooking and about 4 hours doing all my deep cleaning. i count that, but not the everyday wiping down of the counters or packing lunches etc. i figure if i'm moving around i'm burning something.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I log most things, but mustard or vinegar, no. Extra green veggies, not always. I do count housework, but when I do the housework, I do squats to get the dishes in and out of the dishwasher, and like toe touches into the laundry basket to fold clothes, stuff like that.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I do count all the calories I consume. But I only count the calories I burn during my actual workouts.