No Energy!!

Options
Hey everyone,

Since eating fewer calories isn't doing anything for my weight loss, I want to start exercising but I have ZERO energy!
I am about 10weeks pregnant, and thought it was maybe fatigue but I think I've passed the pregnancy fatigue...
I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough protein or atleast more than I have in the past, but I just feel like sitting on my but all day =(
I'm always yawning and lazy, I am generally a lazy person, but have always been able to to get active at least a few times a week, atleast until this pregnancy.
Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Since eating fewer calories isn't doing anything for my weight loss, I want to start exercising but I have ZERO energy!
    I am about 10weeks pregnant, and thought it was maybe fatigue but I think I've passed the pregnancy fatigue...
    I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough protein or atleast more than I have in the past, but I just feel like sitting on my but all day =(
    I'm always yawning and lazy, I am generally a lazy person, but have always been able to to get active at least a few times a week, atleast until this pregnancy.
    Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks!
    Not quite sure why you are worried about losing weight when you are pregnant, but my suggestion would be to eat healthy (to sustain a healthy pregnancy) and just walk. That way, you won't gain any "extra" weight, but you will still have some energy. You are still in your first trimester which probably explains why you are so tired. I would not push it. Your energy should return in your second trimester. Please take care of yourself.
  • Naturalkate
    Naturalkate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your body is busy creating a human; building neurons, connecting tissue together, growing a heart and kidneys, etc. At what other point can you say, hey I may not look busy, but I'm actually creating an eyeball over here! This is tiring work. Go easy on yourself.

Why were you trying to eat fewer calories? How about just going for a walk every day?
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is really not the time to try to be losing weight, if you're trying to birth a healthy baby.
  • Aisha192012
    Options
    Trying to loose weight because I am over-weight, which is not healthy. I started trying to loose before I was pregnant, and of course only want to loose the weight in a healthy way (obviously no diets, just healthy eating and now exercise)
    There isn't anything wrong with trying to get in shape while pregnant.. just curious as to why no energy ! I agree that in my first trimester I'm probably still experiencing fatigue, and that of course I am creating another human, but I feel like that stage has passed, I'm not really 'tired' rather just feel like doing nothing for some reason! Even walking seems like such a task! perhaps just laziness.. or could it be lack of some nutrient?
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    As a mom who has grown two humans (not spontaneously, thank goodness) , I totally sympathize with your fatigue. Pregnancy is exhausting. My second pregnancy was loads better than my first one bc I learned some things the first time. Below r the things that helped me:

1. Water is your friend!!

Bodies love water, and your body is working hard right now, even when u r sleeping. It needs lots of water.
    Your baby also needs lots of water as it flushes out his home regularly. He needs good, clean water to maintain his home.
    Water also curbs snacking and helps you metabolize/digest your food, and a lot of women have problems with digestion at some point in their pregnancies, if not during most of it. Hemorrhoids, the way organs have to shift and the stomach gets smaller, indigestion, heartburn=common maladies during pregnancy. Water helps these problems.if you can head these problems off before they start, even better!!
    Seriously, water is always your friend, but never more than when you r pregnant. You r going to be peeing all the time anyway by the end of this marathon so just start now!

2. Walking.

I gained a ton of weight with my first, and it was soooo hot. I lived in the desert during my last months and it was the hottest summer on record there. Needless to say, I didn't walk. I didn't want to move. My second pregnancy, I lived in the jungle. Still hot, I still didn't want to move. But I walked- not really for weight loss, just as a part of my routine. Not a very brisk pace either haha. ;) I never changed my routine or route- I just mindlessly did it. I gained half the weight I gained during my first pregnancy. Pregnancy 1- 70+ pounds. Pregnancy 2- 35 pounds and I ate chocolate Ice cream every night too lol. BUT...here's the difference-- I lost ALLL the weight from my second pregnancy without really trying. I think the water and the walking helped me with that. At the time, I drank water bc I was trying to grow a healthy fetus and my research told me to. I walked bc my research told me waking was important for getting me ready for labor (and I had a baaaaad labor with my first so I was scared).

My point is this: the things that are good for growing/delivering your baby are also good for you. Do them. I would not try to limit food too much- you need good nourishment. When I was pregnant, I put my weight loss expectations on HOLD and grew my babies, and somehow, when I set my mind to doing that and researching how to do it well, my body thrived and rewarded me as soon as my pregnancy journey was over.

Best of Luck!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I am about 10weeks pregnant...

I'm thinking this might not be the ideal time for a "lifestyle change"....
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I agree with two posts above.

10 weeks is Exactly when you're still at the super tired stage! Is this baby #1?

Eat healthy, and Light exercise. Since you were not exercising before pregnancy, you have to start out lightly. When already exercising you can keep up with what you are doing. Talk to your OB on your particular situation.

Have you calculated your TDEE? and BMR At this point, I would be eating to my calories. The right amount to Sustain yourself. If you're eating healthy, then you're going to lose. Plenty lose while pregnant if they are overweight to start with.
    My girlfriend lost plenty because of her gestational diabetes and she ate Great because of the baby... which in turn she lost fat... although the scale stayed the same with baby weight gain. She delivered and weighed less than she started and it was fine.... again... like you said.... Healthy Eating along the way.

Lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats, proper calories.

If you're so tired you want to take a nap at a stop light when driving... THAT is pregnancy tired. (or newborn tired. lol)

Congratulations.