fitbit, fuel band, jawbone... what's a girl to buy?

Options
So I want a fitness tracker. Something that will track my activity AND my sleep.
I've done my homework and read the reviews. I just can't make my mind up.
I'm not exercising more than 2 times a week now, but I'm slowly starting to build more in and I want a decent tracker.

What is everyone else using??

Replies

• mandyjo0000
    mandyjo0000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been using BodyMedia for a few months now. I'm not a huge fan of the way it looks but after reading reviews, it seemed to be the most accurate.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Bodymedia Fit and they have wonderful customer service. My USB cord that you need to to sync it and charge it has a lose wire and the battery is dying. I emailed them about it and they are sending me a new USB cord free of charge and they sell them on the website so they didn't really have to do that for me. I was so thrilled! When I emailed them I wasn't sure if it was the cord or the device itself but I figured it out on my own.

I plan on buying the Garmin Vivofit next month when it comes out it's a tracker you wear as a bracelet and it's water resistant up to 50 meters so you can wear it swimming.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Flex for me!
  • data3567
    Options
    Have been using a fuel band for about a year and a half now. Love it! Compete with others via the website. The steps it counts are spot on with my step counter.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have a polar loop - basically the same as a fitbit but later I can buy a H6 or H7 chest strap and it will double as a HRM

My niece has the fitbit force I think (is that the newest one?) and it has given her a rash - she is getting a refund and looking to buy something else now - she wore it for about a month before the rash appeared
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    fuelband WILL NOT do what you want it to do.

i own the old kind.. and while i like it.. i wouldnt buy it. go for something else.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    In have a fitbit one. I love it because nobody knows I'm wearing it, just clip it to your bra between the girls and voila! I have been wearing it for well over a year. I feel naked without it! I think any of them are good options, just depends on where you want to wear it.
  • shall1112
    Options
    I have used a fitbit one and currently use a jawbone. Both are great and you'd be happy either way. Really about personal preference. I liked keeping the fitbit in my bra like a previous poster mentioned but I didn't have anywhere to keep it when I slept and it never stayed on. I always found it in my sheets. Then there was the time I threw it in the wash.

I like my jawbone and don't mind wearing the bracelet.
  • yayamay
    yayamay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been using the fitbit flex since November and I absolutely love it... so much so that I have bracelets in all the colours except for the new violet that they just came out with.... that being said... come the summer time, I may look into the vivofit by garmin, as I love garmin SO SO much
  • atozkennedy
    atozkennedy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same debate. Though I'm considering the Polar F2 watch, which is about the same price as the Fitbit. I want it for the same reason OP does. I want something to monitor sleep (because my sleep sucks and I wonder if it's as bad as I think it is). Is there anything special about the regular fitbit? I know the flex tracks sleep/calorie burn. Is the regular fitbit anything more than a pedometer?
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Force! Love it!
  • jbwent
    jbwent Posts: 27
    Options
    I use the Lifetrak c410 got it from costco for $70. It's a little bit bigger than a watch and it is a watch. So I just swapped my watch for it and don't even notice that I'm wearing it. All the info is on the screen to see so you don't need to start an app every time to see how your doing. It's water resistant so I can wear it at work and you don't need to charge it. There is an app for the iphone or ipad that syncs through bluetooth so no wires. It tracks steps, calories, sleep, work out, distance, heart rate, time date and stopwatch all on the screen. I wear it 24/7 and have bang it around for a couple of months now with no problems.
  • data3567
    data3567 Posts: 21
    Options
    fuelband WILL NOT do what you want it to do.

i own the old kind.. and while i like it.. i wouldnt buy it. go for something else.

Curious as to what you think it WILL NOT do? Mine has been perfect for tracking activity throughout the day and sleep.