Need to gain

Options
Hello

I am not anorexic or anything. I just lost too much weight while trying to achieve maintenance. I am 5'3'' and 103-103.5 pounds right now: BMI of 18,2 and I want to get to a healthier BMI and gain my period back (almost 3 months since I last have them)
I exercise 5-6 days a week, lift and cardio. I try to eat more but I'm struggling a bit. I need healthy ways to add more calories... I eat a lot of nuts, nut butters, I add olive oil to my cooking... I don't want to lose my good healthy habits so I really need healthy options to gain weight! I want to gain around 5 pounds...

Replies

• kris727ta
    kris727ta Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi. Try adding a bowl of cereal a day to your diet. I was shocked how much 2 cups of cereal with 2 cups milk (almond milk) added up to about 500 calories! I try to eat oatmeal now instead to help maintain my weight.

Do you log all your food and exercise into MyFitnessPal? Maybe cut back a little bit of time on the cardio? I love exercise, too, so hope that wasn't too much of a shock to suggest that!

I try to stay in 115-125lbs. When I get down to 115 I know it's time to be careful because I am getting too thin. But when I get to 122lbs I say "oh oh". I am 5'4" and just 5lbs can put me into the next pants size. I am sure you know what I mean.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Maybe cut back on the cardio a touch and just stick to weight training whilst you gain if you can't eat maintenance plus cardio cals plus cals to increase your weight xxxx