Hi all, new to the site and excited to lose

Options
Hello, My name is Lyle and I have long battled with my weight, but never really did much about it. That is, until about a month ago. Almost 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. This was a real wake up call and I decided that it was finally time to make some changes. I talked with my doctor about things he would suggest and he was too quick to suggest surgery. I am interested in having surgery and would prefer to solve this issue on my own.

After doing some research and talking with several weight loss centers in my area, I decided to start the OptiFast program. I started the program on January 20, 2014 and have been VERY happy with the results so far. When I started I was weighing in at 345 lbs. As of today, Feb 13, 2014, I am down to 316 lbs.

One of the main reasons that I chose to do this with the weight loss clinic that I am, is that they also provide personal training and dieticians. These are not extra costs, they are included in my program cost (which is less than Kaiser wanted for the same program with no personal training).

While I know that this pace will not continue forever, I am optimistic about the results that I can expect. In addition, I am already looking into joining a local kickboxing gym after I have lost another 30 lbs or so.

The most exciting thing for me is the change I have already experienced in my average blood glucose levels. When I started the diet, my average was 170, it is now down to about 120. Hopefully in the next month or so the diabetes will be all but gone.