New and looking for some friends

Options
Hi,

I am new to this site, but not new to trying to lose weight. I have recently joined the site after trying to do it on my own. I had created a spreadsheet and was keeping track of all of my foods and calories, but find it difficult to keep it up and when I saw this site was free and it had loads of information I was all over it!

About me, I am 35 and I have a 17 year old daughter who is very active and plays volleyball. She has been a big help this week with getting me off my butt and doing workouts with me! I have been trying to lose weight for years. I have been successful in the past with WW, but I don't feel I learned what I should have because as soon as I stopped, I gained it back and then some.

I really want to succeed and would love to have some friends that I can get to know and where we can share our successes!

Thank you!

Replies

• seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I did WW in the past and it's worked but I didn't keep the weight off after stopping. I enjoy MFP with it being easy to use and free of course. I'm 29 and my goal is to lose 20 lbs.

Add me if you would like.
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This journey is better with a little help from friends! Since I seem to have lost a few active friends (folks have stopped logging in) I'm happy to add some new ones (especially when their name is similar to mine). :)
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend request me. I only ask for the same in return - a little motivation and support and an occasional nudge in the right direction - or a shove if that's what it takes! Cheers.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log in daily.
  • lins9383
    lins9383 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got mine tonight and would love some friends, please add me as I'm not sure how to add people? ????
  • raven1220
    Options
    Welcome Jenn! You can do it!
  • notfat4ever
    notfat4ever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Dana. Just restarted my weight loss journey today. My goal is 80-90 lbs. I definitely need the support so any friends that are in the same boat and looking for mutual support please add me. I log in daily!
    Dana
  • JeniFairchild
    JeniFairchild Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! Please add me if you like!:happy:
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn! I am on daily. Feel free to add me, and send a message me. I love to discuss weight loss ideas! Oh, did the WW plan also before.
  • jbwent
    jbwent Posts: 27
    Options
    I joined this site over a year ago and wasn't serious about it. I've been back a couple of months now and doing it regularly. I'm definitely getting results. You can add me if you like.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    add me if you like... ;P
  • amillerusmc
    amillerusmc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just joined tonight as well! Looking for people on the same journey! Good luck to all! So far, this site is way easy to use. We'll see!
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new here, but I log in daily and track everything. Feel free to add me! :) This has been a great place for support and encouragement.
  • Anny99
    Options
    Hey,

I am looking for support because I have hormonal imbalance therefore making it hard to control my urges (sweet-Salty-Fatigue) so thought if I surround myself with people like you then it's a step forward and with your support and stories I will be successful.

Thank you in advance
    Here we go
    Anny99
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello.....support is here.....friend me!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!!

This is a great place and glad you found us and the site is great for your tracking. Having friends helps so you know there are people to talk to about it.

:)
  • k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Friend me if you'd like!:drinker:
  • toomanycats1975
    Options
    Hi! I want to lose 19 pounds, and am looking for friends to join me on the journey. I'm 38 years old, and have gotten down to goal weight before using a lower carb approach, but over the last 2 years, my weight has crept up from where I want it to be. I plan to jog a 5K this May to help things along.
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can always use more supportive friends. I'm just getting started, as well. Add me :)
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jill! Feel free to add me, anyone! I'm on here everyday, I love to encourage & be encouraged :)