Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat Loss - Marco Ratio

My start weight was 235lbs, have lost 57lbs, and now down to 178lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs (I think..? I’m not too worried about the number I just want to feel good with how I look)

I have hit a plateau that I cannot seem to get myself out of.. I am doing 3x per week weight/strength training and 2x per week cardio (45m on the Pre Core AMT doing Intervals at levels 6 & 12)

In the past 6 weeks, I have dropped 2lbs and 12.5” throughout my whole body (I can give more detail if need be) but it seems the past 3 of these 6 weeks I have seen no improvement, scale is stuck and tape measure has even gone up a tiny bit!

I am consuming approx. 1600 calories today (I am 5’8.5”, have a desk job, 25 years old)

Marcos are set at: Carbs: 180g(45%), Fat: 44g(25%), Protein 120g(30%) (I am always over on carbs and under with protein..)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! =)

Brianne

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    What sort of strength training and percent of BF(body fat) if known.....please and then I may be able to add two cents which may be worth five cents in 2 months ;)
  • bfitness
    bfitness Posts: 9 Member
    BF% was at 41.5% on Jan 13th (I had not been to the gym for a while prior to this date due to botox treatment for neck/arm/shoulder injury)
    I will be going for another body comp tomorrow morning so will beable to update you with BF% then! :)

For strength training, I am doing: Squats, DB Bi Curls, Bridge w/ feet on bench, Back Row Machine (not the cardio rowing), DB Chest Press, DB Oblique something?!, Plank (regular on forearms), Tri Dips on bench, Calf Raises w/ DB weight - All exercises consist of 3 sets, can specify weight and reps if need be

Thanks in advance! :)
  • From personal experience, i will suggest bumping your calories up a little for like a week (max) and reducing your training volume. You have lost a considerable amount of weight and you are consistently training hard so giving your body a break and sometime to recharge can be beneficial to your weight loss goals.
  • bfitness
    I am afraid of bumping my calories as I already have a couple cheat meals on the weekends and feel guilty enough about those..

You don't think increasing calories and decreasing exercise will cause weight gain? If not, how many calories would you personally say I should add? And can you specify what would be the best way to reduce my training volume?

Maybe I should explain my weight loss progress so far..
    I started at 235lbs in 2007
    Dropped 145-150lbs after 2-2.5 years of healthy eating and exercising.
    Going back up to 180lbs after a car accident 2 years ago,
    Down to 165lbs after some recovery, light training and the assistance of ViSalus (never again)
    Then back up to 180lbs after needing Botox injections for my next step of recovery
    Back to training Jan 13th and only able to drop 2lbs in 4.5 weeks.. and no budge on the tape measure in 2 weeks..

Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, just want to make sure I'm on the right track and not over/under doing it with cardio/strength training and 'diet'
  • bfitness
    Just had my body comp done, I am down to 39.9% BF after 4 weeks
    Up 1.7lbs in muscle mass
    Down 2.9lbs in body fat mass
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    You pretty much answered your own question when you said " I am usually over on carbs and under on protein." I would adjust your macros a little and keep your calories the same (since uping your calories has you concerned). Everyone is different but a good majority of people have success with 40% Protein 30% Fat and 30% Carbs.