Can you gain weight TWO weeks before period?

Options
I'm normally 103 pounds but in the past three or so days I've gained 3 pounds. I'm doing nothing at all differently with my diet or my exercise routine. I always eat super healthy and exercise for an hour or more 6 days a week. Sometimes even on my rest day I work out. I keep my calories at 1200-1500 and this has been working for me for the past year. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 106 and I'm like "what the hell?" I don't know what I did!! I use one of those period calculators online to tell me an estimate of when my next period will come and it's supposed to be on the 23rd. I know this is just an estimate, but still. I've heard of people gaining weight a week before their period. But two weeks before?? Is that normal? I just feel bad now.....someone please tell me this is all my period and nothing else. Thanks!

Replies

• bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You probably didn't gain three pounds in three days. I get cravings up to two weeks before my period, that's how I know it's coming. You could be retaining water. What's your sodium like?

How tall are you?
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Unless you're 5' tall or shorter, you probably need to gain weight... 106 lb. is skinny for almost anyone.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well it's almost certainly not fat and weight fluctuates so it's probably no big deal.
  • effieolsen
    effieolsen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I never eat anything with salt or things high in sodium. I'm about 5'2".
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Ummm-very tongue in cheek gaining BEFORE a period You're Preggers! (and I'm teasing)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me. Basically water weight that won't go away.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I "gain weight" during ovulation... which is 2 weeks before period. It sucks and messes with my head until I figure out what it really is. But, afterwards it goes down and returns to normal until a couple days before ToM hits again.
  • effieolsen
    Options
    It's tough being a girl....
  • effieolsen
    Options
    ^^bump
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's tough being a girl....

I will second that!!! It messes with my weight every month.