Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Look at my diary?

My starting weight when doing mfp was 155. I am now 152. My problem is when I weight myself every week I just fluctuate those pounds. I don't lose anything and haven't gone below that weight. It's been about 2 months now and I've been staying in my calorie intake and I have been doing strength and cardio 20 mins a day 3-5 days a week. Do I need to workout more? or eat differently? I want to make sure I am eating right. Thanks for any advice..

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    I looked through about 10 days and your sodium was in the red frequently - not always alot but some days worse than others. Are you drinking enough water? Also if you have high sodium the day before weighing you will likely be up on the scale.

If you don't feel like adding more exercise then you could try dropping your calories by 100 and see if that helps?

I am no expert so you can take that advice with a grain of salt. :flowerforyou:
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    I would increase protein intake to 100g at least, and cut carbs and fat so that you still stay around your calorie goal.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Ditch the processed food.
  • SelkathNuggets
    SelkathNuggets Posts: 37 Member
    Let me start by saying I am no expert in anything nutrition or fitness, just another MFP (and bodbot) user. A couple of thoughts that I have though:
    -What is your MFP food goal (i.e. is it set to lose weight each week)? That gets used to set the calorie value.
    -Do you have a way to measure your body fat %? If not, you get get a cheaper body caliper off amazon for like $5. This number will be more valuable to you than your scale. Compared to fat, muscle is heavier, smaller and more attractive. This means that you can be getting slimmer, skinner, more fit, etc and actually get HEAVIER at the same time! Your weight in pounds doesn't mean as much as you would think
    -I've been eating paleo for the past few weeks, and it's been helping a bunch. Essentially cut out grains and dairy, and try to eat natural fruits, vegetables, meats and nuts as much as possible. You may want to try it out (don't go all at once, replace just 1 meal a day to start)
    -You can change the ratio of carbs/protein/fat that you get your calories from each day. Maybe experiment with different ratios, see what works for you

Hope that helps!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Looking through your diary it doesn't look to me like you are weighing your foods, a lot of tablespoons, cups and 1/2 of this or that.

If this is the case then buy a set of digital scales, weigh and log everything you eat and drink then you can get an accurate picture of the calories you are having.

I wouldn't go down the route of cutting types of food until you have confirmed you are eating what you think you are eating
  • sweetblackberry1
    sweetblackberry1 Posts: 29 Member
    I think you don't eat enough vegetables and fruit. And drinking water is very important too. Maybe that is the problem.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Ditch the processed food.

Why? Processed food isn't making her not lose.

OP, are you using a food scale to weigh out your food? If not, there is a good chance you are eating more than you think.

Are you nearing that time of the month?

Are you still losing inches?

*To note, due to water intake, water retention (especially when you are exercising) - this makes the scale really unreliable. Rely more on measurements and fitness progress rather than the scale #.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    I noticed the high salt from the convenience foods and the fiber is low. I also didn't see much fruit or vegetable consumption which probably means potassium is also low. Diets low in potassium and high in sodium can lead to high blood pressure. As someone with high blood pressure, I try to make sure my daily potassium is higher than my daily sodium.

I recommend finding some fruits or vegetables to snack on or add to meals.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    I don't think you are doing anything fundamentally wrong, but I would watch the sodium. It causes water retention and hence apparent weight gain. I would also question the accuracy of your weighing.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    quick review, too much processed foods, too much sodium, too little fiber, and on and on. Wait your are eating your without a deficit, and under eating Protein and Fat each day that I viewed. So, eat at a deficit or your weight will sit and not move a whole lot. Eat the MACROS of Fat and Protein each day as if they are minimums not maximums, and start to viewing your food options in terms of density and lower sodium intake where possible. Do this for a month and maybe you'll drop some weight, if you weigh everything and do not measure. Pice of cake! And if you eat the piece of cake, ignore the sugar is the devil threads....it may also help to know how tall you are and body fat for giggles and better estimates when asking and trying answer your questions. Good luck