Being sick and trying to stay on track!

Options
I've been fighting this cold for 4 days now and its really bogging down my motivation. My usual 60 minute workouts are now becoming 20 minutes since I don't feel the energy I used to have (or the constant coughing is no fun either). Also making sure I'm logging in everyday almost feels like such a chore. This cold is kicking my butt! Any tips for staying on track?

Replies

• DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When you are sick sometimes the best thing to do is just be sick and work on getting better. Rest is your friend right now because your body needs more energy than normal to fight the illness. Don't worry about being on track, all of that will take care of itself when you get well.

Get better soon!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    With my latest cold I skipped exercise for a week and still watched my calories. This week I'm back with exercise.
    My weight coasted without the exercise.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I don't even try to work out when I'm really sick. It never ends well. I do find that I'm extremely hungry when I'm sick. I usually just eat. A few days isn't going to hurt me, and I kind of feel like my body is telling me it needs more.
  • MaJacobs75
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone! Feeling better, not 100%, but better then I was. When I did have to energy, I at least kept track of my calorie intake, and surprisingly I really didn't have much of an appetite the entire time so I wasn't eating enough like I should. But hey, ended up loosing 1 pound while laying around in bed for most of the time.