How many calories to maintain?

Options
Based on my stats, how many calories do you suppose I need to maintain my weight?

I am 5'6", 18 years old, and I weigh 116.5 pounds.

I exercise for a half hour to one hour about three to four times per week.

I want to maintain my current weight.

Replies

• SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE, which is the number of calories you need to maintain. Here is a website link for the calculation:

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Best of luck
    Stef.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You can use one of those online calculators, but off the top of my head with your age, height, weight and activity level your maintenance is sure to be in the 2000's, probably around 2200 per day. I'm at 1900, and am older, shorter, and about as active as you.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Google scooby's accurate calorie calculator or go to iifym.com.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just enter your stats into MFP and set your goal to maintain and do what you're supposed to do with this site and eat back your exercise calories. Otherwise just put your stats into a TDEE calculator like IIFYM or something. These are all estimates...you have to make adjustments per real world results. Also note that maintaining your weight doesn't mean you're going to weigh exactly XXX Lbs..you will fluctuate...your maintenance will be a general trend. Example, my maintenance range is between 180 - 185 with my 9 month average being 182 Lbs.